Any Better Ideas?

(Y/N) ran back across the rooftop as fast as her legs could carry her. She was exhausted and wanted nothing more than to just lay down in the downpouring rain and not think about anything for a year. But fear pushed her on; Eclipse raced along next to her, still in her protective mode. (Y/N)’s tired muscles seemed to be screaming for her to stop; it felt like she had been running nonstop for hours (which wasn’t far from the truth). In reality, it only took her a little over a minute to get where she had been during the showdown between the Indoraptor, Claire, and Owen.

It only took her a fraction of a second to realize and assess what was going on. Maisie was still clinging to the metal pole at the same spot she had been the last time (Y/N) saw her. Claire was clearly trying to help Owen but not making much progress. Finally, Owen was conscious but clearly in pain; his eyes were screwed shut. The rain was washing away most of the blood, so it was hard to tell how much he had lost, but the pale look in his skin hinted that it had been a lot. The injury didn’t look big, but it was clearly deep, although it was hard to see clearly through the rain.

(Y/N) jumped down from the very top of the roof onto a smaller ledge almost directly below it. It was slanted, and she nearly fell but quickly regained her balance before dropping down to the same level as Owen and Claire. She caught a glimpse of Owen opening his eyes to look over at her for a second with a hint of relief. (Y/N) spotted Blue watching from a rooftop nearby, as if assessing the situation just like (Y/N) was. Eclipse jumped down near (Y/N), but she barely even noticed as she started to make her way to Owen and Claire. Just as she was walking past the hole in the glass part of the roof, she heard a voice call up to her.

“(Y/N)!?” She recognized the voice as Zia’s.

Reluctantly, she stopped to turn to look down at Zia and Franklin.

“We have a problem,” Zia called up.

“Yeah, uh, so do we. Can it wait?” (Y/N) called back, looking nervously back and forth between the two people below her and Owen.

“Not really. You?” Zia replied, straight to the point.

“Not really,” (Y/N) said.

She heard Zia swear under her breath.

“Do you need to be working on your problem?” (Y/N) asked.

“Yeah, I do,” Zia answered.

“Alright, I’ve got an idea,” (Y/N) called back before turning to Claire.

“You and Maisie, go help Zia and Franklin; I can take care of him,” (Y/N) ordered Claire.

“Are you sure?” Claire asked.

“You’ll be more use down there,” (Y/N) said plainly.

After a few more moments of hesitation, Claire took Maisie and began to make their way back towards Maisie’s room, which was the easiest way to get back into the building.

“Eclipse, go with them, just in case,” (Y/N) said, knowing there would be other dinos on the loose by now or would be soon.

Eclipse seemed unsure but slowly turned and began to follow Claire and Maisie. Now (Y/N) was finally able to turn all of her attention to Owen. She walked over, stepped over him, and knelt down next to him, finally able to get a better look at the wound. It was hard to tell how many claws had caused the injury. It ran across his shoulder and shallower onto the edges of his chest. The part of the injury that ran across his shoulder was down to the bone and may have even broken part of them. She did her best to hide her concern.

“And to think, here I was thinking we had to be careful,” (Y/N) joked.

“You’re such a little shit,” Owen said with a laugh that sent a jolt of pain through his body.

“Don’t do that. It hurts when you do that,” (Y/N) half-joked as she started to look around.

She caught his glare out of the corner of her eye. She was trying to find a way to get him off the roof, and it was too high up for down to be an option. She spotted a broken window where the Inodraptor must have broken through that wasn’t too high up, but they would need both hands to get through the window, and she was pretty sure Owen wouldn’t be able to do that.

“Wait here,” (Y/N) said before getting up and walking away.

“I didn’t plan on going anywhere,” Owen joked.

(Y/N) walked back over to the ledge she had used to get here.

“That might work,” (Y/N) thought, putting her hands on her hips, thinking through the whole journey.

She hadn’t taken that ledge all of the way here; if there were a break in the ledge, they’d be screwed. Plus, Owen would probably only be able to use one arm.

“Again, I don’t have a better choice,” (Y/N) thought.

She turned and went back to Owen, who had worked himself into a sitting position to lean back against the remaining glass. She didn’t have anything around, or on her that would work for a bandage, but there had to be something in the house that could be useful.

“Think you got in you to make a little trip?” (Y/N) asked, half-serious, half as a joke.

“Probably,” Owen replied, holding his good are up to (Y/N).

She grabbed his hand and helped pull him to his feet, trying to be careful but also quick.

“You good?” (Y/N) asked as another, paler wave of color rushed over him.

“Mhm,” Owen said, nodding his head.

She led him over to the slanted roof and finally to the ledge. Now came the most current problem.

“Can you move that arm at all?” (Y/N) asked, gesturing to his shoulder.

“Not high enough,” Owen replied.

“Well, that’s okay. Just don’t fall, and pray we don’t run into a gap in the ledge. Also, I’d really appreciate it if you would not fall,” (Y/N) said.