Peace & Quiet: Too Much To Ask

The next morning Maisie was outside by a small fire near the forest, everyone else was inside. 

"So, how exactly do we plan to do this?" (Y/N) asked Owen.

They had caught word of another group of dinosaurs that needed relocating and they were trying to plan everything out before leaving.

"Well, I figure if we go this way we can get them here and it'll be easy for them to get moved out," Owen suggested pointing to different spots on the map. 

"Well, that sounds great but there's a couple problems with-," (Y/N) trailed off, looking out the window with a confused look on her face. 

Tipped off by her sudden silence Owen followed her line of sight and saw Maisie standing a few feet from a baby Velociraptor who, even from a distance, looked like Blue. Owen quickly but subtly made his way out the door, followed closely by Blue. A couple of seconds later, Blue burst out of the trees, her baby ducking behind her. Owen quickly got himself in between Blue and Maisie, holding his hand up towards the Raptor like he had done in training. 

"Hey girl. Staying out of trouble?" Owen asked.

Out of the corner of her eye (Y/N) saw Eclipse to her left, watching Blue skeptically, deciding whether she had to make a move. (Y/N) made eye contact with her and shook her head, Eclipse still kept her focus on Blue but looked less tense.

"She had a baby? That's impossible. She won't hurt us, right?" Maisie asked, nervousness creeping into her voice.

"Damn right she will. Just breathe. If you don't she'll think you're scared," Owen told her.

"I am scared," Maisie replied.

"She doesn't need to know that," Owen said.

Blue suddenly called to her baby and they both disappeared into the woods again. (Y/N) let herself relax for a second and Eclipse came over to her.

"Good girl," (Y/N) said, running her hand across the top of the Raptor's head.

Eclipse nudged her side.

"I know, I'll get you a treat later," (Y/N) promised.

Eclipse blew a short puff of air into her face and hissed.

"Oh come on. I know you love me, you're weird like that," (Y/N) joked.

"Blue's nest has to be somewhere nearby. Maisie, get inside," Owen ordered.

"I'm coming with you," Maisie tried to argue.

"No, you're not. Go," (Y/N) ordered.

Owen walked into the woods, (Y/N) started to follow as did Eclipse.

"You stay here, stick close to Maisie. I have a bad feeling," (Y/N) said.

Eclipse gave her a skeptical look before turning back to the cabin. 

"(Y/N), come on!" Owen called from up ahead.

(Y/N) ran to catch up with him.

"So, what exactly are we looking for?" (Y/N) asked.

"Anywhere that would be sheltered from weather that's where she would've made her nest," Owen replied.

"It's good to know she's okay," (Y/N) said, trying to stir up something.

"Mhm," Owen mumbled.

"Good talk," (Y/N) whispered sarcastically.

"Heard that," Owen said, letting go of the branch he was holding out of the way, letting it hit her in the face.

"Hey!" (Y/N) laughed.

Suddenly, a panicked Raptor call rang through the trees. They both looked toward the sound and then at each other with worried looks. 

"No way this ends well,"  (Y/N) thought.

A/N: Sorry for the late update and then a short part; I didn't want to get too far into the next part and end up making this part really long. Anyway, I have part of this section of the story planned out but nothing's set in stone so if anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them!