Makin' It Up As We Go Along

Almost immediately following the scream was the sound of things being destroyed.

    “We can’t go after it,” Owen said, already knowing what (Y/N) was thinking.

    “We can’t just let it chase her down,” (Y/N) responded.

    “I know, but there has to be some weapons around here that’ll give us a fighting chance against it,” Owen explained.

    “Okay, you go look for weapons; we’ll distract it,” (Y/N) proposed.

    “Are you crazy?” Owen asked, already knowing what she was going to say.

    “Just a little. We need time that we don’t have; I might be able to buy us a few more minutes. Trust me, please,” (Y/N) said, almost begging by the end.

    “Just be careful,” Owen told her.

    “Always,” (Y/N) joked before running off with Eclipse before Owen could change his mind.

    Owen watched her go for a moment before beginning to focus on the task at hand. Knowing what he knew about the people who made the Indoraptor, he guessed no standard weapon would hurt it.

    (Y/N) and Eclipse followed the obvious trail of destruction before coming to a broken window; the rain was blowing in, making the floor slippery.

    “That is very not good,” (Y/N) said.

    Eclipse began hissing lowly next to her.

    “Any ideas?” (Y/N) asked rhetorically.

    Eclipse forced air out sharply and turned and went down another hall.

    “I’ll take that as a maybe,” (Y/N) joked, turning to follow her.

    Eclipse walked fast enough that (Y/N) nearly had to run to keep up. Every now and then, Eclipse would stop and sniff the air, then keep going or turn down a different hall. The farther they went, the more lost (Y/N) felt. Suddenly there were crashing sounds above them.

    “We have to get up there,” (Y/N) said, trying to slow Eclipse down as they got father away from the sounds.

    Eclipse was unfazed and continued, eventually breaking out into a run, nearly leaving (Y/N) behind. Soon, Eclipse came to a stop, and there was a short scream in front of her. (Y/N) quickly caught up with her and saw Mills frozen still.

    “Ah, I see you’ve met my friend. You see she can be a bit defensive,” (Y/N) said, gently placing a hand on Eclipse’s back, who was hissing at the man in front of her.

    “Are you insane?! Get that thing away from me!” Mills tried to order.

    “Last time I checked, I don’t take orders from you, and neither does she. You’re gonna tell me how to take that crazy hybrid down,” (Y/N) ordered.

    “I don’t take orders from you either,” Mills retorted.

    “From where I stand, you don’t have much of a choice. Eclipse,” (Y/N) said.

    In a second, Eclipse had knocked Mills over and pinned him down with her foot.

    “There’s no way to kill it; it was designed to be indestructible!” Mills shouted.

    “Everything has a weakness,” (Y/N) said, shortly before there was a large amount of clatter on the roof.

    (Y/N) stopped for a second, then seemed to have a lightbulb moment.

    “I got an idea. Eclipse, come on!” (Y/N) called, already running away from the scene.

    Eclipse hissed at Mills one last time before running off with (Y/N).