Don't Worry

Over the week and a half that (Y/N) had been with his parents, Owen had gotten everything back into shape around the house. It was early in the morning when Owen got woken up by a call from his mother, after seeing the contact on the screen he answered.

"Mom, it's 3 in the morning," Owen whined still not completely awake.

Her next statement did the job to wake him up though, "I know but (Y/N)'s in the hospital."

"What?" Owen asked, suddenly cutting her off.

"She had a seizure," His mother began to explain.

By this time Owen was already out of bed and searching for a few various things, she could all the noise.

"Owen you don't have to come, I can keep you updated and they can't find a reason for it, she's okay."

"She's my daughter, I don't care whether she's okay or not, well I do, but I'm coming either way," Owen said.

By the time Owen got there (Y/N) was already begging to be released. His mother had met him at the entrance.

"Can I talk to you?" His mother asked.

"If you can walk and talk."

"I think she should go home with you."

"What?"

"The longer she stays away, the harder it'll be for her to come back," His mother explained.

He stayed silent when his mother realized the reason she grabbed his arm, making him stop. He could have easily escaped her grip but she was his mother.

"You can't seriously still think you're a danger to her?"

In response to her question, he broke eye contact with her.

"Owen, you just drove all the way here at 3 in the morning even though I told you she was fine, you didn't mean to hurt her, you were scared, I know how you operate, when you get scared or upset you panic. She's your daughter and you are the only person in the whole world she can relate to, she lost her best friend who just happened to be a Raptor and she's struggling to understand what's going on, what's going to happen, and even what happened. Whether you realize it or not you two need each other to function."

"I'll talk to her about it."

"Well, that's better than nothing."

After that, he was left alone with (Y/N) to talk.

"I told her," (Y/N) said upon his arrival.

"Told her what?"

"That if she called you, you were gonna come."

"You're okay though?" Owen asked.

"Yeah, well, I mean as okay as I've been my whole life with a few exceptions," (Y/N) joked.

It was silent for a few moments before Owen spoke up again.

"I think- I was wondering-" Owen started, stumbling over his words.

"Out with it," (Y/N) said.

"Come home," Owen said suddenly.

(Y/N) was caught slightly off guard.

"If you want," Owen quickly added.

She stayed silent, sensing that there was more to his statement. 

"It's so quiet, and lonely. You don't have to if you don't want to but it would be nice if you would," Owen continued.

He kept his head down while she stayed silent.

"Dad," (Y/N) said quietly and slowly.

He stayed silent, he was rarely like this, too ashamed to meet someone's gaze.

"Look at me," (Y/N) said gently.

Slowly he met her gaze, she motioned for him to come closer to her, he did. She took his hand in hers.

"I'll come home. You're parents are great but I can't do anything fun," (Y/N) said whispering the last part.

Owen started to laugh but he was cut off when she twisted his wrist backward at an uncomfortable and slightly painful angle, she pulled him just a little closer.

"And don't worry about hurting me again because next time, if there is a next time, I won't cower and run," (Y/N) said, looking him straight in the eye.

He could tell she meant it and as weird as it sounded he couldn't have been prouder. Then she let go of him and he smiled at her.

"I promise, there won't be a next time," Owen said in a determined tone.