Don't Talk To Me Like That

After the Raptors were released back into their pen (Y/N) watching them from the catwalk, she wasn't really watching them though, she was just thinking. 

"I know I shouldn't be worried, dinos get out of their places all the time, it always gets taken care of and it's always herbivores. But something just seems wrong this time, and that could give Hoskins his perfect in to get the Raptors out," (Y/N) thought to herself.

She had found that it was best if she just didn't think about what had happened earlier that day. Barry and Hoskins had left after getting the Raptors back in their pen, most of the other workers were gone by now, leaving (Y/N) almost completely alone. They only kept enough workers there to keep everything working smoothly. She was suddenly snapped out of her trance when her phone began playing the refrain of Daddy's Hands, Owen's ringtone. She barely looked at the phone before declining the call, after that she powered down her phone so that he couldn't call or track her. She knew it was kind of a bitch move but she didn't want to deal with him at all, if he really wanted to find her he could. 

Only a little over an hour later (Y/N) found herself deep in work around the paddock, there was a lot to be done and they hadn't heard any news about the escaped dinos and assumed everything was fine. She was cleaning a few things when one of the workers came over, he seemed panicked.

"(Y/N), we just got news about that dino from before, it broke into the aviary and Masrani is dead, they're evacuating the island, we have to leave!" The worker explained in a panic.

"What? What kind of dinosaur is it?" (Y/N) quickly questioned, with Owen nowhere to be found she was in charge and wanted all the information before making a decision. 

"A carnivore, a hybrid!"

"Okay, you and the other workers get out of here," (Y/N) ordered calmly.

"What about you?" 

"With Masrani dead and Owen nowhere to be found, there's nothing stopping Hoskins from using the Raptors to hunt down this thing. I'll stay here and make sure he doesn't let them out too, and maybe figure something out so they aren't sitting ducks if that thing comes here after we're all gone," (Y/N) explained, she walked away before he could argue.

Only a few minutes she was alone and it got really creepy really fast, not to mention she was pretty sure her ears were playing tricks on her. 

"Ms. Grady," A voice called out from behind her.

She jumped slightly and turned to see the new guy, "Are you the one who's been making all that noise?"

"Yeah, sorry."

"What are you doing here, I told all of you to leave?" 

"I want to help, I almost wrecked everything earlier and I want to make up for that."

"Just get off the island, that'll be helping enough."

"I'm not leaving, I'm going to help."

(Y/N) sighed before speaking again, "Alright, we're gonna wire the gates into my old computer and set it so that the doors will open at midnight so that once we're all gone the Raptors won't just sit there and starve."

"You know how to do that?"

"I know how to do a lot that most people don't know I can do."

After a half-hour, all she had to do yet was connect the wires for the doors to her computer.

"Uh, (Y/N)," The new guy called out from outside the cage.

"Yeah?" (Y/N) asked never even looking up from the wires.

"Someones here," He replied simply.

"Who?" She asked finally looking up.

"I think it might be that Hoskins guy."

(Y/N) walked out of the cage and the new guy was right, just as she had thought. She met him halfway to the paddock.

"(Y/N)-" Hoskins started before he was cut off.

"I know why you're here and you're not getting my help," (Y/N) said harshly.

"Fine, where's Owen?"

"Don't know."

"What happened to your wrist?" Hoskins asked, she knew he was just trying to sympathize with her.

"None of your business," (Y/N) replied, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Well, we're using the Raptors whether you help or not."

"Like hell you are," (Y/N) replied sharply.

"Listen, you have no authority over me, you're just a little kid, you can't do a thing to stop me," Hoskins said in a tone that really pissed her off, he also stepped closer to her and was practically breathing down her neck.

Less than 30 seconds passed between him speaking and her punching him on the jaw so hard he nearly ended up on the ground and made him stumble backward. 

"Talk to me like that again and you'll wish I was only punching you," (Y/N) ordered harshly.