Battle; Part 2

~Rose

I then ran over towards Charlie who has one of his arms crossed and the other covering his face.

"Charlie?" I called out.

He then pulled me into a hug and I looked over to see Fred laying on the floor lifeless. I pulled away from Charlie then hugged George and kneeled down.

"No...Fred!" I whispered and cried even more.

I looked up and saw Mrs. Weasley sitting there. I then hugged her and gave her my condolences. I then walked over to Hermione who was quietly weeping as she saw all the Weasley's crying. I then went looking for Draco. I found Draco sitting alone with Blaise in a corner.

"Draco!" I called out in a weep.

His head quickly shot up and looked at me. Tears where still coming down my cheeks and then I felt my legs give up on me. Both Draco and Blaise caught me. They hugged me and I cried. They then sat me down and we stayed like that for a while. I explained to them what happened and then gradually stopped crying. I then saw Ron and Hermione leave the Great Hall. I excused myself and went running after them. They where now sitting on the stairs.

"Where's James?" I asked them.

"We don't know." Hermione said and made room for me to sit with them.

"How you holding up Ron?" I asked and looked at him.

He didn't answer he just shrugged. We then heard footsteps and turned around. Harry was coming down the stairs.

"Where've you been?" Hermione asked.

"We thought you went to the forest." Ron said.

"I'm going there now." Harry said still walking.

"Are you mad?" Ron asked and look at Harry. "No. You can't give yourself up to him." He added.

"What is it, Harry?" Hermione asked. "What is it you know?"

"There is a reason I can hear them. The Horcruxes." Harry started to explain. " I think I've known for a while. And I think you have, too." He said and looked at Hermione.

"I'll go with you." She said.

"No, kill the snake." Harry told her. "Kill the snake, and it's just him!"

She then walked up to him and hugged him. When they pulled apart I also walked up to Harry and hugged him.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you James." I whispered softly in his ear.

"It's ok Elizabeth." He said and hugged me. "You protected me."

We then pulled apart and he left. Ron, Hermione, and I then hugged each other. We went back to the Great Hall and Ron got some food. He offered Hermione and I some but I refused to eat. I then went looking for Draco and Blaise. I then found Draco, Blaise, Theo, Daphne, and Felicia. I took them with me to sit with Hermione and Ron. We all sat together in a comfortable silence. I then got up from Draco's lap.

"I need to get some air." I said and left the Great Hall.

When I got out and went to the courtyard I saw Neville standing there looking at all the rubble.

"Neville!" I called out.

He turned around and looked at me.

"Hey Rose." He said and smiled a fake smile at me.

He then picked up the Sorting Hat and dusted it off. I then heard a rumbling noise and I take it everyone else did too since they where all coming out of the castle. Charlie, Ginny, and Mr. Weasley stood next to me. We could see the Death Eaters and Hagrid walking towards us. Hagrid was tied up and was carrying something.