29. Sacrifice

Jace and I stepped in to the leisure centre and instantly embraced it's warmth. He looked perplexed because I didn't tell him where we were going. The only thing I did tell him is to wear a pair of sweatpants so that he is comfortable.

The leisure centre was buzzing with all sorts of people, I stepped up to the reception desk and a man that had 'Lionel' written on his name tag put his phone down.

"You alright lads?" He asked.

"Hi, er, where is the rock climbing?" I asked.

"Over there on the left, through that archway." He pointed to the right direction and I thanked him and ushered Jace to follow along.

"Rock climbing?" He asked incredulously.

"Yes." I grinned, "you'll love it."

"But... Rock climbing?"

"Just shh." I shook my head to myself and grabbed his hand, pulling him to the direction we were told.

There was another reception desk where we could get our gear, I was met with a lady in her twenties. "Hiya,"

"Hello, could I get a space for two?" I asked.

"Of course," she typed on her computer and asked for my details as well as a pretty hefty payment but I didn't mind, this was my date with Jace after all.

When we finally received our helmet, shin pads, elbow pads and knee pads and a set of ugly brown trainers, we went through a set of wooden doors and saw the Rock climbing facility. It was absolutely enormous and had lots of walls to climb on and also a ball pit and this giant pit that was like a ball pit but instead had spongy shapes instead of balls.

The excitement was coursing through me, I was just itching to take Jace here for the past few days and now the day has come and I'm here with Jace. My first idea was to do something boring like hang around my place watching a bunch of movies and eating a gluttonous amount of food but I knew he'd rather get out and do something; he's always been that kind of person and that's one of the things I liked about him- it's a change from my lazing around all weekend routine.

"Woah." He glanced around the area.

It was an early Saturday afternoon so there was a lot of children younger than us running around and making noise and then their parents trying to chase after them.

"Thanks you for this." He grinned and pecked me on the lips.

"Hey, there's nothing to thank me for." I said and pecked him back but on the nose. He wasn't happy about that.

I knew that Jace would like Rock climbing, it was better than going to some fancy restaurant where we'd have to dress up like every kind of mainstream date. That wasn't our type of scene, he'd just be bored. Seeing him with a grin plastered on his face, now that was something I loved seeing.

We put our gear and specialist shoes on and hurried to the ball pit, of course, we'd go to the ball pit first.

As soon as we were stood in front of it, Jace dived in as if it was a swimming pool. He didn't even check if there was anybody within his landing space so if there was a little kid hiding beneath the balls, he'd probably have broken a bone by now.

I followed suit and dived in, landing on Jace's back, he let out a loud 'oof' and I rolled off him and let all the multicoloured plastic balls surround me. I starting sinking into the balls more because of my weight and there was a point where you couldn't even see me anymore. Jace walked past me, unknowing that I was right beneath him and I kicked my leg out to trip him up. It wasn't a very good idea because he ended up falling on me and intentionally elbowing me.