37. The Truth About 'E'

I'd like you to know that there are BIG PLANS and I'm so excited! You'll find out soon what it is but for now, enjoy this chapter!

P.s. Let's all appreciate the photo collage to the side of Jace who is portrayed by Cameron Leahy, we haven't had a photo of him for a looooong time.

P.P.S. It's not my collage, found it on tumblr :)

--- --- ---

[Zach's POV]

Dinner was slow, I was just teasing Jace the whole time about not being able to measure out properly because there was still a ton of food leftover and way too much sauce and chicken compared to the amount of rice he told me to put in.

It was funny to wind him up, he goes all red and starts glaring but Jace could never hold such a serious face because he wasn't the kind of person that would glare and be in a strop everyday and act like there's something shoved up his arse.

Cammie was still sleeping, Jace had told me that even though she fell asleep early, she would still struggle to wake up in the morning and will eventually be late, like nearly everyday. When I fall asleep early, I always wake up super early or I keep waking up multiple times during be night.

I helped Jace tidy the kitchen and during Jace's story about something that happened during his day while he washed the dishes, I crept up behind him and leaned my hands against the counter, locking him inside the small gap, and peppered kisses up his neck. I loved feeling him shiver under my touch and flinch when I tickle him. He continued to talk and talk but I wasn't really focused on what he was saying, because I wanted to kiss him on the lips and I was intending to do exactly that by the end of the night.

My arms wrapped themselves around his waist and as if it was possible, I came closer to him. His back felt warm against my chest and I'm pretty sure he could feel my heart thumping violating against my chest. My head nuzzled against his shoulder and his arms eventually stopped moving which meant that he had stopped washing up, he didn't move at all, it's not like he could anyway.

The front door started rattling just as I ducked my face in to his shoulder to pepper more kisses. We shot each other a confused look and I moved away from him to grab the hand towel so that he could dry his hands.

Vince came walking into the house looking sober and smartly dressed, I could've sworn that Jace's mother won't be here for a few more days, why is his dad sober?

"Hi, Dad." Jace said quietly and motioned for him to come inside the kitchen.

"Dinner ready?" he asked and plopped down at the breakfast bar. He took off his long black and very smart trench coat, only to reveal a suit and tie.

"Wow, well you're smartly dressed." I spluttered out and mentally facepalemd myself.

"Indeed I am, Zach." He loosened his red tie and flashed me a million watt smile.

Vince is weird. Very weird indeed.

Jace placed a plateful of food in front of his father as well as some cutlary and leaned against the counter with his elbows propped up on it.

"So why are you smartly dressed exactly?" Jace asked, eyeing his father skeptically.

"No reason." He struggled. His phone started ringing, shattering the awkward silence.

Vince looked in his suit jacket for his phone and stared at the screen once he successfully found it. I studied his facial expressions right then, I was getting good at it now. First, Vince looked puzzled, his brows were knitted together and then it changed to questioning, as if he was debating whether he should or should not take the phone call; I noticed this because he had his finger hovering over the green button and then it moved over to the red button and then it went back to the green.