42. Bonfire

(Part 1 of 2)

When Jace came over to my house that evening, we spoke more about dreams and aspirations and weirdly enough, it's made me want to think more optimistically. Jace had always been optimistic, even through the downfall of his father and the bullying with Camellia. I admired that quality, Jace was incredible, he was strong, and each sentence that poured out of his mouth just sucked you in, it's like listening to those motivational people over and over again.

So it's made me actually want to look into UCL more and universities that are just as good, if I get a letter back telling me that I haven't been able to get meet the expectations then fine, I can try again for another.

So when I spend an entire evening stuck up in my room, on my laptop with a notepad by my side and the brochures of each uni opened up on the Internet, I lost all track of time. It was two in the morning when I checked my watch and it was a school day.

Crap.

Sluggishly, I got up out of my spinning desk chair and let out a huge yawn and brought my fingers to my neck, prodding at it and trying to massage it. You can only look at a computer for so long before your eyes sting and your neck aches.

Saturday came along soon enough and I was feeling a little too excited for the bonfire later on, hanging out with my fellow bros was going to be great, no, it was going to be epic. We'd bring drinks, alcoholic and non alcoholic and a load of shisha and just mess around and have fun.

Liam wasn't eighteen yet so he couldn't buy alcohol but he did buy some shisha flavours that he hid in his room for times like this; some other guys were going to bring the pipes and the charcoal.

I stood in front of my mirror and straightened out my black shirt and chinos, admiring how on point my hair was, seriously, it looked on point and I couldn't get over it. I played around with it more, until I heard my bedroom door creak open only for Liam to make an appearance. He told me that Jace was here and from the mirror, I could see him open the door wider to allow Jace to fit through. To say Jace looked yummy would be an understatement, he was absolutely delectable.

He grinned and shoved me out of the way of the mirror, only to check himself out, by the big fat grin plastered on his face, I guess I wasn't the only one excited for the evening. Liam closed the door behind him as he left and Jace jumped top on me, I didn't have long to exactly prepare myself so I fell back on the bed and tried to pry him off me but the guy was like a leech.

He was dressed in a pair of black jeans and a casual t-shirt that had a rather graphic word on it; seriously, I don't know how he was even allowed out the house with it on. He pecked me on the lips and I attempted to deepen it but he pulled away and got off me, telling me that we should probably leave now and that I should stop checking myself out because I already look mighty fine.

"You don't have tell them we're together you know." I said, answering a question that I thought over a thousand times since last Wednesday when he asked me it. Jace didn't mind coming out to my friends, he told me that as long as I trust them, he trusts them.

"I know, same for you, to my friends, if you ever, you know..." He scratched the back of his neck, "Ben knows though, he's clever and he's as happy as Larry about it."

"He's happy?" I cocked a brow as I picked up a hoodie. Wasn't Ben fending Jace and warning me if I ever break his heart just a few days ago?

"Mm hm, he told me though that if Flynn ever bugs me about it then I should tell him."

"Why would Flynn bug you about it?" I snorted, "I'm already yours."

"I know." He said, dismissing my question and blushed at my last comment.