45. Time To Let Go

And this never will be right with me
And now you're trying desperately

--- --- ---

Jace slept over, as usual. Waking up with him next to me has got to be the best feeling I've ever felt throughout my entire life, that and driving Liam's car down the road and back. I'll ace my driving test when the time comes.

Jace was already awake and I rolled over on top of him and pecked him on the lips. He cracked a grin but then grimaced and shoved me off him.

"Ew go brush your teeth first." He ordered and I pouted, pecking him on the cheek instead before jumping out of bed with a ridiculous amount of energy for this time of day.

"You know today, when we walk into school, what do you think would happen?" He asked as he walked into the bathroom and grabbed his toothbrush that I brought for him. He been staying over a lot through the past few weeks and a lot of those times, we do stuff. Such stuff that shall not be spoken about but that's besides the point; he now has his own everything here. His own towel, his own toothbrush and so on.

"I don't know." I said with a mouth full of toothpaste so it didn't come out very coherent.

"I hope nobody says shit." He sighed and stuck the toothbrush in his mouth.

I spat out my toothpaste before it could dribble out of my mouth and rinsed my mouth with water before turning to face him. "If you think about it, it's not like the school's packed with homophobes- plus, I won't let them say shit. Neither will Torvux or Liam or Ben."

"Ben said that?" He said and dribbled out a little toothpaste. I had to stifle my laugh because otherwise he'd probably do something horrible to me like give me the silent treatment, which is something he's very good at.

"Yeah, he said that." I said and left the bathroom and padded down the stairs. I still had yet to check what time it was, according to the clock on the stove, it was almost quarter to eight. Where was everyone?

Jace came downstairs a few moments after and voiced my thoughts, turns out, everyone had fallen off the face of the earth.

It was eerily quiet and a little weird so I walked over to the radio and tuned it to a music station before grabbing two cereal bowls and two spoons and a box of coco pops.

I checked the driveway from the window and saw that mum's car wasn't there, neither was dad's. Liam's was there, but he wasn't present downstairs. I shrugged it off and started pouring out my coco pops, Jace joined me at the table and mimicked my actions. My index finger instinctively went over to my left wrist to tighten my bracelet but it wasn't there and I had that weird feeling again because it felt so bare.

"Morning." A hoarse voice boomed through the kitchen, Liam walked in and took a bowl from the cupboard, pouring himself some milk and then adding the cereal. He was weird like that, you put the cereal and then the milk but Liam preferred it the other way.

"When did that happen?" Liam's eyes widened as they caught upon Jace's wrist. He wasn't here at dinner time yesterday because he was at the gym.

Jace grinned to him and the faintest blush tinted his cheeks, he ducked his head without muttering a word and ate another spoonful of cereal.

"Oh that..." I grinned, "last night."

"Does that mean-"

"Yup." I answered, I knew what he was about to say.

"I'm proud of you bro." He reached a hand across the table and balled it into a fist, I did the same and bumped mine against his. An obnoxious thought was spiralling in my head. Was Liam not bothered about this at all? After all, everyone's going to find out that he has a gay brother.