6. The Real Zach Shady

Yay lookie at the youtube video on the side. It's 'Kiss My Friends' by The Downtown Fiction. My character as Jace is actually the lead singer (Cameron Leahy). He's the one that apprears first wearing the suspenders/braces.

-----------------

My wardrobe looked empty, everything I had ever owned just looked inferior, unappealing even. Just a pile of useless cotton.

If you're wondering, I can't decide what exactly to wear. It's a barbecue from the mid afternoon to late at night, so it has to be a daytime outfit as well as an evening outfit. Let's not forgot it's warmer in the day than it is at night.

Only girls overthink their outfits Zach.

I stared blankly at the my wardrobe for another five minutes until my door slammed open and giggles erupted. Molly, Trisha and Angelique all came in the room. Trisha's arms were looped with Molly's and they stopped their giggling and just looked at me cross legged on the floor in front of my wardrobe.

"We heard you're going to Jace's barbecue. Can we come?" Molly grinned.

"No." I deadpanned and saw Molly's grin subside but then light up again, almost menacingly.

"He said we can though, I'm not deaf."

I shooed them out of my room after that. They pretty much know that mum is my only weakness. A mum is everybody's weakness. You can never underestimate the power of a guy's mother.

I looked back at my wardrobe and decided to get off my butt and actually look through the clothes. Layer after layer, I peeled off the different clothes.

Something warm but not too warm.

I finally decided on a pair of chinos, much like the ones Jace wore to the mall but instead, mine were dark blue with a few pockets but still rolled up at bottom.

I also picked out a white t-shirt that read, Parental Advisory: Explicit Content. I also wore white converses.

I headed downstairs and fumbled with my phone. Once I was at the foot of the stairs, Molly and Trish came in my view all dressed up in matching outfits: Jean shorts and a white t-shirt.

"Zach, you're taking Molly and Trish." Mum said and shooed us out the door.

"But wait! It's not-"

"Go!" She boomed and closed the door behind us.

We walked to my mum's small grey Volkswagen Polo. The plan was for Liam to take me but Molly can drive so there's no need.

"Don't get in my way ok?"

They both nodded and giggled, again.

We arrived in front of Jace's house and parked round the corner. We all got out the car and Trisha complimented my outfit.

Twenty minutes of staring at your wardrobe does things.

We entered the garden through the back door at the corner of the house and I was greeted by Jace.

"I'm so glad you're here seriously, I was getting so tired of Vince teaching me how to do a barbecue." He said, "I thought your cousin's weren't com-"

"I know what I said, let's go."

We walked off just as Trisha and Molly did. They probably went to find some guys to talk to because that's pretty much all they do.

I had never been in Jace's garden before, it was pretty big. Lanterns adorned the walls and fences and also sat on small tables. They weren't on yet because it was still day. Loud music pumped through speakers, it was almost deafening.