30. Way to Be Prompt and Forthright Zach.

a/n: it's a short chapter but OH MY GOD. (;

-----

Circus clowns danced around in the audience. They barely looked like circus clowns but hey, you could tell they tried. They're faces were painted white, their noses red and their hair coloured green. Some of them had an awesome eye make up thing going on, but some of theirs kinda sucked.

Another group of circus clowns, these looking slightly different, rode around on bikes on the make shift stage, some of them three to a bike and I could only feel sympathy for their discomfort.

Jace looked as if he was having a blast and was even invited on stage at one point but he declined. He didn't want to be stood there awkwardly while everyone watched as clowns danced around him.

A big grin was plastered on his lips and he clapped along with the audience while a bunch of bikers did awesome tricks on ramps and skateboards. Jugglers were in one corner, entertaining the audience that couldn't see the bikers well and a bunch of carnies with long sticks as legs walked around the make shift stage aimlessly.

Tense music boomed from the speakers and the spotlights landed on a new, taller ramp that had been moved to the middle of the stage. A bunch of bikes lined up before the ramp that towered over them as they prepared to do their tricks, clicking their helmets in and running their sweaty hands against their palm. A drumroll echoed from the speakers and Jace gripped my hand and kept one hand clasped on his mouth, awaiting some kind of near death situation. I was picking at my nails with my teeth as the tension coursed through me. My eyes were wide open and it felt as if I couldn't blink because if I did, I'd miss everything.

The drum roll stopped and the first biker clambered up the ramp and did a whole three-sixty from right to left before gravity took over and he rolled down the rest of the ramp. The audience cheered and clapped and then the drum roll began again. Another biker prepared for his near death and cycled up the ramp and let go of his bike, hanging in the air for a while before he fell back on it and wheeled down the rest of the ramp.

And then one by one, each cyclist performed a trick after a tense drumroll, Jace's grip on me tightened and loosened every now and then and was far too enthused into the show to take notice of me noticing him.

I cracked a small but soft smile, he was just so adorable. How can somebody be so freaking incredible? Jace was just, he was indescribable. Let's just put it this way- if everyone was like him, the world would be a much better place.

To be honest, I was glad that Jace was better than me in most ways, I was glad that he was more clever and I'm glad that he would take the time off to help me in school. It was great that he was around because I had a role model; somebody to look up to, to adore, to learn from.

The way he just deals with everything is amazing; I would've never thought that he had an alcoholic father or parents that never took the time off to spend time with him because he stay so strong; he's kind of indestructible if you look at it in a new perspective. He was always trying to put on a happy face, he was always keen to make other people feel happy or help them cheer up.

And that was why I loved him.

Jace was just...Jace.

"And now," the announcer spoke through the microphone. The sound echoed through the tent, "prepare yourself for the big finale!"

My attention caught on all the bikers lined up again in front of the same ramp. The music sped up and they all started cycling up the ramp one after another, maybe a second or two apart from each other. From the corner of my eye, I could see Jace struggling where to look; there was so much going on at once.