39. Honestly, It's Like Looking Into His Soul

Warning: lots of speech in this chapter xD

--- --- ---

"Do you think we should have white or black table covers? Oh and should we have chair covers too? They'd look nice." I trailed off as I jotted down in my notepad. "For the table setting, will it be proper formal or not? Crockery or plastic?"

"You need to chill." Ben rolled his eyes and played threw a tennis ball in the air and then caught it again, like he's been doing for the past hour.

We were sat in Ben's bedroom, it was a pretty messy room if I do say myself, and that's me talking. His room - dare I say it - is messier than mine, I didn't even know that was possible. There were lots of sporting supplies around the room like racquets and shuttlecocks and running shoes and football boots and a skipping rope and some dumbbells that looked too heavy for me to carry.

His desk on one side of the room was tidy, that and his bookshelf that had thick books that I wouldn't give a second glance at, I also noticed the insane amount of books that were filled with practice exam papers for tons and tons of GCSE subjects. Compared to my room, Ben's had a vibe. When you walk in, you're basically looking at his soul. There's plenty of band posters around and lots of photo frames with family and friends and then there's a cork board with more photographs- alot of them were of him playing gigs.

Speaking of gigs, there were two acoustic guitars, one electric and a ukulele in the corner of his room, they were all leaning against each other and I'm no guitar geek but I know for sure that it's bad to leave them in the state they're in. They'd just get dusty and scratched.

"I know but to be honest, once you get into this planning, it's not so bad." I shrugged and looked at the venue on Ben's laptop once more, it was a nice venue that was secluded from the town, it's was in the countryside; it was pretty big and there was a nice outdoors part with a fountain and some picnic tables.

"Sometimes I wonder how you're related to Liam." He started, "he wouldn't do this kind of stuff, would be? He'd just expect it handed to him on a silver platter."

"Oi, shut up you mug." I glared and he rolled his eyes dramatically, throwing the ball up in the air and catching it.

I got up from the desk and sat down with my legs crossed at the very end of the bed, I diligently placed the laptop down and went back to writing in my notepad, deciding whether the tables should for six or eight people.

"Are you on the committee?" I asked.

"Nah, I have better stuff to do with my life." He snorted and sat up, sitting closer to me and turning the laptop around to face him. He typed some stuff into the search bar and then he handed the laptop back to me.

"Those table decorations are perfect!" I gasped and jotted down the link of the website on my notebook. "So in all seriousness, why are you suddenly being nice to me?"

I looked at him while he just sat there, fiddling with the tennis ball. "I'm always nice, I've just never breached out to many people."

"Yeah, and I live underwater with the fish and I have a mermaid wife." I snorted, causing him to give me a funny look.

"Because why not." He shrugged and smirked at the fact he just copied what I said earlier on to Rebecca.

I shook my head in disapproval and shut my notepad and put it back in my rucksack. "You know, you're a terrible party host."

He looked at me in amusement but didn't say anything, he just threw the ball up in the air one more time and caught it and then threw it somewhere within the pile of crap on his bed before getting up and straightening out his clothes. "I'm an awesome party host."