3. All You Need In Life Is A Clingy Girl.

"It's easy!"

"Maybe for you!"

"No, a five year old can do it."

I looked at Jace with no amusement whatsoever. "Teach me it so I can do it!"

"What do you think i'm doing?"

"You're not doing it properly! I've taught you it like two thousand times. What's up?"

"I'm just distacted is all." I sighed, "Our exams will come soon and I don't know anything."

He looked at the work and then took out his textbook, showing me and page in it that explains how to work out the answer a particular formula. He started reading it out loud to me.

"Now, try this example." He said, giving me a worksheet.

I picked up my pencil (because my pen ran out of ink and Jace wouldn't give me a new one) and underlined the most important parts of the question.

I worked out the first step of it, which was pretty easy in the first place but I got confused at the second one.

"You need to multiply that sum first. Here's a calculator."

I multiplied what he said and I guess it kind of made more sense to me.

"So," I said, sticking my pencil in my mouth, "after you multiply you need to square root?"

"No, you square it then multiply 0.5 by the difference from that."

"Oh for god's sake." I groaned and hid my face in my hands. "This is bullshit."

"Fine. We'll come back to it. Try this." He said swapping my worksheet with another.

For the next hour, we went through dozens worksheets, and I finally completed the first one with a lot of help.

When we finally finished, I sighed in relief and packed my bag. "Next Thursday after school?"

"Can't. Vince is having a barbecue with his friends. You should come it'll be fun."

"I'll try. Are you free the day after?"

"Yeah. We'll do the Friday."

"Cool." I said, walking out the classroom that we studied in.

"Hey. Can your mum give me a ride home? I don't have one and Liam will be pissed if I ask him to get me." I said.

"Ever heard of public transport?" He laughed.

"Shut up." I said jokingly, "can she then?"

"I'll ask " He sighed and rolled his eyes as of giving me a lift was the worst thing he could ever do. We met Janine in the kitchen and Jace asked her, she just nodded and told us to get in the car while she finished putting the plates away.

We raced to the familiar black Toyota highlander and got in. The outside and inside was spotless, it looked as if it was brand new.

"Is Janine a clean freak?" I asked.

"That's the understatement of the century. It's funny because Vince is a total slob and his car is the opposite of this." He chuckled before Janine pulled open the door for the drivers seat and got I'm.

I kept reaching over to the heater and turning the wheel that closes and opens it, Jace kept slapping my hand away from it so I just finally stay put and looked out the window at all the shops and restaurants.

"Do you think we'd be friends then? You know, with university and all, it would be hard."

"Awh you think we'll be friends."