41. The Word Is Out

[Zach's POV]

It was a new week, I haven't heard much from Jace about any upcoming prom committee meetings but Liam approached me earlier and told me about a Torvux meeting on Tuesday after school.

Come Tuesday, I was stuck in maths class, I didn't like maths class because neither Ben nor Jace nor anybody from Torvux were in it. The only people in the class that spoke to me were a group of girls that I could have a decent conversation with but it wasn't the same. Sometimes they'd all smother me with their perfume and I'd honestly feel like I was going to suffocate and die in the worst way possible but today, only three of five of them sat with me and spoke to me so the smells weren't so strong.

We spoke about prom and as soon as the word was said out of my lips, they all asked in unison who I was thinking of taking, which was creepy, but then to make it even more creepy, they all blushed and came even closer to me.

"I don't know yet." Of course, I know exactly who I'll be taking, I'm just unsure how to ask in the most romantic and meaningful way.

Then came the next and last lesson, Biology. This time last week, when I was ill, I disrupted the lesson by calling out Flynn and physically hurting him. Did I regret it? No. I would've thought that boy had boundaries and morals but he doesn't, he slept with my brother's girlfriend. It wasn't even once, I don't think, it was on multiple occasions.

I walked in the room, unsure where to sit because I usually sat at the back with him but I saw that his bag was on the stool next to him and I didn't feel like sitting with him anyway. Instead, I opted for sitting at the front where I could have an entire empty row to myself because nobody tended to sit at the front.

I could feel the stares on me and it was driving me to the point of feeling the need and turning around to give them all what Flynn earned last week.

God, I didn't even realise how violent my thoughts were.

Our teacher kept asking questions to me in the lesson, obviously surprised at my sudden appearance at the front and obviously, seeing the opportunity to punish me for disrupting his lesson last week seeming as Flynn lied and told the headmaster that he provoked me and that I shouldn't be punished.

Jace came up to me earlier around lunchtime and asked if we could meet up after school so I agreed to it and said he could come over mine but he'll have to wait until the meeting is over.

The lesson ended and I couldn't be more relieved, I rushed out of the room like my ass was on fire and headed over to the meeting room that wasn't too far from me because it was in a science room. There was a class already inside, still waiting to go, so I leaned against the wall and watched the empty halls fill up with students.

They all chatted and for a second, I felt like an ass. Since I've met Jace, I've alway hung around him and I've completely forgotten about everyone else. I can't remember the last time I went with the guys from Torvux out somewhere, outings with them were usually a hell of a lot of fun, just us guys, no girls to interrupt us. We'd monkey around, play childish games like tag, maybe even some truth or dare or duck duck goose, rarely, we'd play strip truths and if so somebody doesn't answer the question, they'd have to take off an item of clothing. Maybe today I'll ask if they wanted to do a bonfire at the park sometime or a barbecue seeming as the weather was beginning to get its shit together.

Through the window, I could see the class in the room of the meeting starting to pack up their belongings. I saw a few of the guys from Torvux including Calvin approaching the room and when they did, we all exchanged fist bumps and bro hugs.

The class in the room finally starting leaving the room and we all headed inside and took our seats. Flynn entered through the room and I ducked my head and looked at my bag on the table as if it was the most interesting thing in the world. Wow, it's so dirty. Where did all that come from? It's disgusting.