❂ 000. we begin in the dark

•°. *࿐FORCE BOUND.

o. WE BEGIN IN THE DARK

❛          tell me once again / i could have been anyone, anyone else / before you made the choice for me

tell me once again / i could have been anyone,
anyone else / before you made the choice for me.

THE MOON WILL SING // THE CRANE WIVES

UPON THE CREATION OF THE GALAXY — its population — the Father asked who was to stand within the border of life and death

UPON THE CREATION OF THE GALAXY — its population — the Father asked who was to stand within the border of life and death. Alongside the wise but hidebound Father, stood the creation of Darkness: the high-strung, petulant Son. To shed some light within that darkness, the kind, yet long-suffering Daughter then rose — the Father's creation of Light. Respectively they stood, peacefully watching over their creation; Balance, Darkness, and Light ruling together.

Until chaos murdered that peace.

With the Son and Daughter, the Father had also created life, in the form of humanity — people. But humanity was brash and unforgiving; believing themselves to possess strength greater than the Gods of Mortis — a Force power derived from the Creators themselves.

According to Vashunse legend, the Father originally created humanity with four arms, four legs, and a head bearing two faces. Desperate to smite the Mortis Gods, humanity taunted them, slowly possessing a Force power to rival even the Gods with their combined strength — the power of soulmates, those Force bound to one another becoming a grave threat. At first, their power grew slowly, and quietly; but, humanity often developed a tendency to be noisy. Inevitably, they grew arrogant, and hot-headed, threatening the Gods in their wake for power.

Thus, it was only right for the Father to reprimand them.

Stripping them of their power, the Father split the bound into two separate beings. Forgetting their previous surge for power — now, instead desperate to complete what had been so viciously ripped from them. Forevermore they were condemned to be that way, forever endlessly searching for their other halves — for their Force bound fate. Many didn't survive too long: the hollowness, the grief of losing their soulmate, devouring them whole. Though still, some survived, few; very few truly lived, and found their missing half again.