1- Hogwarts Royalty

"The only world I could exist in
Was one you lived in
Ooh, you almost had me fooled"

"The only world I could exist inWas one you lived inOoh, you almost had me fooled"

Andromeda Black found that the sun was both her best friend and her worst enemy. In the summer, she had to almost bathe in suntan lotion to keep from getting a sunburn, and even then sometimes she managed to get a burn. Not to mention the number of times that the sun had blinded her because she had forgotten her sunglasses. Yet, the sun rising also signified the start of a new day, one that could, perhaps, help her forget the horrors of her past, or at least help her pretend to.

With that being said, when the sun woke her up at ungodly hours on September first, she cursed it to the moon and back. After many restless nights of sleep, she had been hoping to steal more than a few hours before she went back to sharing a room with multiple other teenage girls that had habits of being really annoying when Andromeda wanted to sleep.

She wasn't expecting to get much sleep anyway though, as last night she was unable to shut her window shades. Her father had found her stash of books by muggle authors and after confiscating said stash, he thought it would be an appropriate punishment to push her down the wooden stairs.

Not being as graceful as her sisters, Andromeda landed oddly on her hip and discovered it difficult to walk. The only reason she made it to her room was since Narcissa still found room in her heart to pity her. Bellatrix's pity was long gone, in fact, Andromeda sometimes questioned if it had ever been there at all.

"Stop being so stupid all the time! You knew they would find out about those books!"

Her mind was like a broken record player she once had—her Uncle Alphard had gifted it to her—the words of Narcissa wouldn't stop chanting themselves. Her sister was right, Andromeda did know that their parents would eventually find out about the books, but she found a thrill in going against what they said, like an adrenaline rush.

How many more pushes down the stairs she could take was unknown to even her. One of these days they were bound to go too far, although Andromeda liked to think that since she was their own flesh and blood they'd have mercy.

Crawling slowly out of her bed with harsh aches and pains, she made her way to the closet that had accumulated so much clothing over the years. Most of it was fancy dresses she had to have for pureblood banquet dinners, yet Andromeda was clever enough to buy a few items of muggle clothing from Hogsmeade with her allowance. Those were held dearest to her heart, so they went to the back of her closet with a plethora of clothing covering them.

Without a second glance, she tore them out of her closet as quietly as possible—so as not to wake anyone up—and placed them in the very bottom of her Hogwarts trunk. The trunk itself was in pristine condition, her parents would have no less. With black leather freshly polished by one of the house-elves, it showed the image the Black family wanted to have, a perfect outside while the inside of the trunk needed repairing.