11- Completely Fine

"Well I don't need no one
Have too much fun
Out here on my own"

Home was officially defined as a place of permanent residence, and by that meaning Andromeda had one. Poets often had more to say about what a home was though. A lover's arms that welcomed you no matter how cruel the world was around you happened to be Meda's favorite way that they described it. Yet, by their definition, she didn't have one.

The residence in which she lived with her family had been filled with dark memories that were gloomier than the halls. It's history dated back a long way for it had been home to many Rosiers. Druella had inherited the house and Andromeda's parents deemed it the best place to raise their children.

Now, the three girls kept to themselves in their bedrooms so as to stay out of the way. Andromeda hadn't had a difficult time of doing that this summer though. As long as she kept her room quiet and didn't do anything stupid in front of her parents, she was left alone. It felt weird because of Bellatrix keeping an eye on her during her last few weeks of Hogwarts, but she wasn't about to complain about them leaving her alone.

There was a completely rational explanation for it as well, so Andromeda ignored her gut feeling that something was wrong. Bellatrix became a Lestrange near the end of July and it was already June! They were on a time crunch for wedding preparations, which logically meant that they wouldn't have any extra time to check up on Andromeda. So everything was completely fine...

Completely fine...

Having not much to do, Andromeda wished she could sleep in til noon, yet it seemed that her body was not able to do this. Unfortunately cursed with an early wake up time every morning, Meda had caught up on almost all of her reading for the summer and she still had two months to go.

One thing that did keep her occupied were Henri's constant letters. Meda received so many that she was worried her family would notice, but again, everything she had been doing appeared to be flying under their radar. Although, Henri's letters would never be as good as her presence, making Meda miss her friend and Hogwarts even more.

Dear Andy,

It hasn't been too long since I've seen you last, but it certainly feels like forever! I hope we'll be able to meet up before we go to Hogwarts, just let me know what would work!

Thankfully, Mungo's has finally slowed down, which means Mum and I have been able to spend some quality time together. I think we've gotten ice cream at this new creamery in town at least five times this week. (whoops!)

You said that your summer was dull in the last letter, and I've sent a few things along with this letter to try and make it a little brighter.

Best wishes,
Henri xx

Deciding that she would reply to Henri later, Andromeda hastily opened the package while no one else was around. Making sure not to draw any extra attention to her bedroom, she carefully withdrew one red lipstick and an additional stick of something that Meda did not know of what it was. Already sitting at the vanity in her room, it appeared like the perfect time to try out the new things she had just received.

Andromeda wasn't stupid, she knew exactly what would happen if her mother walked into her room and saw the lipstick. The words that would be shouted at her—she didn't even want to think about it. So, she just held the lipstick in front of her, along with the other mysterious stick, and imagined what she would look like with the lipstick on.

The shade of red would most certainly be an attention drawer, something Andromeda was fearful of. More attention from people often meant bad things to her, making her more hesitant to even touch the product.

"You absolute imbecile!" Druella's voice startled Andromeda out of the trance the lipstick had put on her.

For once, it seemed that Andromeda was not the daughter that was getting yelled at. Druella's voice had carried up the staircase to the bedrooms, where Narcissa and Andromeda poked their heads out to see the commotion.

Bellatrix stood defiantly with the wedding dress in one hand and the lace that was once on the wedding dress in the other. Druella's eyes looked like they were about to explode out of her head, and her face turned beet red in the matter of a second.

"It looks better this way," Bellatrix spoke, clearly pleased with what she had done.

Andromeda looked at Narcissa who covered her mouth with a hand. There wasn't an outcome of this that Meda could think of that was good, which might've been the scariest part of it all.

"That is an antique!" Druella screeched, trying to grab the dress from Bella's hands, yet failing because her daughter moved too quickly. "It is a symbol of the House of Black!"

Bellatrix looked down at her hands and took her wand, waving it in midair, restoring the dress the way it once was. Druella's face visibly calmed when Bellatrix gave it back to her, but tensed when she saw the look on her daughter's face.

"This wedding marks greatness for you Bellatrix," Druella said serenely. "Do not ruin it."

"We've talked about what's waiting for me, Mother, and I shall wait no more," Bellatrix replied, waving her wand once again.

Andromeda watched as a few packed bags flew out of her oldest sister's room and landed right next to Bella's feet. Her own eyes widened as her mother's narrowed.

"How do you mean, Bellatrix?" Druella asked, her voice sounding venomous.

"It's time to leave my old life behind," Bellatrix said simply, and if she were a normal person Meda would've imagined her to be shrugging. "Including Hogwarts."

Narcissa looked as if she wanted to run into her room and hide, but watch what was happening at the same time. Andromeda shared the feeling, becoming increasingly anxious as the scene unfolded in front of her.

"Leave if you must," Druella said to Meda's surprise. "However, if this messes with any wedding preparations at all, then it must come to an end."

"Yes, Mother," Bellatrix replied at once. "The wedding comes first."

To her astonishment, Bellatrix walked out the front door of their house without a trace of a scratch on her. Whatever Bellatrix had been talking about must've scared their mother, at least enough to stop her from going batshit that instant.

...

Song: On My Own
By: Niall Horan

Short chapter overall, but not less important! I apologize for not updating yesterday, I had a ton of homework!

Fun fact: my birthday is tomorrow! Yayyy!

I hope you're all doing well! Remember to stay hydrated and be kind to yourselves!

Lmao anyways thanks for reading
-teddy xx