30- The Andromeda Galaxy

"But she's so afraid of f-f-falling in love"

When all was said and done, when the dust cleared, and all that was left for Andromeda was herself, she would look back on her life and smile nostalgically

When all was said and done, when the dust cleared, and all that was left for Andromeda was herself, she would look back on her life and smile nostalgically. In the end, she would have just as many smiles as she would tears, which, for others, wouldn't be enough.

They would want to have many more smiles than tears, or much more happiness than pain, but Andy had painfully learned to take what she could get. She would get screwed over more than once, which she could blame on only the fates that handed her this life.

If one had told Andromeda how her story would eventually end at the beginning of her sixth year, then she'd try desperately to change it. Going to the ends of the Earth wouldn't be the only thing she'd do to ensure she wouldn't have to leave life alone.

Well, essentially alone, anyway.

Of course, she'd always have herself, and she was currently learning how to make that enough. Andy desperately wanted it to be enough. She needed it to be if she was going to get through all the side glances and missteps that came with being a sister to Narcissa.

She and Narcissa split away far too easily, ignoring each other the entire way to the train. Andromeda wished she could say something to mend the hurt they both were feeling, but either there weren't any words that could fix it, or she simply couldn't find them.

Putting the summer out of her head like she promised herself she would, Andy practically ran to Jack and Ted when she saw them standing in front of a compartment.

"Andromeda Black!" Jack screeched, jumping into a hug with Andy.

She laughed despite him saying her full name bringing back countless memories of Druella doing the same in a not-so-kind way.

"Jack Johnson!" She returned the favor of screeching into his ear.

"Oi, Jack, you're gonna hurt her," Ted reprimanded from behind Jack.

He rolled his eyes as he let go of Andy.

"She's like indestructible at this point, Edward," Jack said, laughing when Ted winced at the use of his full name. "See?"

Jack proceeded to fake slap Andromeda in the face. Going along with it all, she fake fainted into Ted's arms, who caught her right on cue. She winked at him before standing up again.

"I really shouldn't of caught you," Ted sighed, shaking his head at the two in front of him.

"Andy!"