36- Luella Thomas

"I used to be so tough
Never really gave enough
And then you caught my eye"

Luella Thomas, from what Andromeda has learned, seems to be the closest that one can get to having a spotless record. It's kind of infuriating. Never had a detention, the picture-perfect prefect, comes from a sane family, why shouldn't have Ted asked her out?

A quiet voice in the back of her head told her that he should've asked her out instead, but she had too much self-doubt to listen.

It's not as if Ted cares about whether or not someone has had detentions, or is the perfect prefect, yet Andy can't shake the feeling that he might care about the whole family thing. She saw it in the way he looked at Narcissa when she came up to them in the library to ask a question. He might not do it consciously, but Andy's not stupid. Every muggle-born is told by their wizard friends to stay away from families such as hers.

It would be asking too much from him not to be wary of them.

So, she finds herself sulking quite a bit about these facts, brought around by low self-esteem. Of course, Jack and Henri notice and take it upon themselves to distract her from the fact that Ted's presence becomes more scarce as Valentine's approaches.

They practically ambush her in the library.

"Today is the day," Jack started, his signature grin plastered on his face.

Andromeda raised an eyebrow at him but continued to sort the books onto the shelves as Madam Pince asked her.

"The day you've been waiting for!" Henri continued, shaking Andy's shoulders so that she sets down the textbook she had been holding.

"And why's that?" Andy asked, shaking her head at their antics.

"You know how you talk about missing out on things in your childhood?" Henri said, quieter now that they weren't messing around as much.

"Uh-huh," Andy replied cautiously, not at all sure where this was going.

"Well, we thought it'd be great if we took you outside to jump in some puddles!" Jack finished with a grin.

"It's pouring," Andy said flatly. "And it's late. I need to go to bed."

"But, Andy-"

"I'm going to bed."

Henri and Jack share a sad look as their friend gets up abruptly and leaves, not waiting for them to catch up.

...

Promptly after breakfast on Valentine's, which Andromeda ate with Henri and Ben, Henri took Andy back to her dorm to get ready for Henri's date. Andy wasn't sure why Henri was sweating so much since Ben was the most harmless character she had ever met in her life.

"Henri, I'm serious! I'm not entirely sure Ben isn't a teddy bear," Andy reiterates after Henri practically shrieked about not having anything to wear. "I mean as adorable as getting all worked up over him is, you've got nothing to worry about."

Henri took a few deep breaths in as she also took in Andy's words. She nodded in agreement and sat on the floor.

"He's just so- ugh! In a good way, you know?" Henri said, now fully laying on the floor.