17- A Very Scary Hallowe'en

"Breathe deep, bottle it up
So deep until it's all we got"

Time, the friend and foe of many. It had long been known that life is subject to change; everything one has could be gone in an instant. Each day is only a snapshot of one's life, a fact that many people forget, causing them to put too much value on every day. That is not to say that each day that humans live is worthless, it's the exact opposite of that actually. To live life to the fullest, one must first balance the ratio to which they hold every day and their entire life.

This is no easy feat in any way. Time takes it as a challenge to test the strength of people, mentally and physically. Change comes along with every sunrise, one might call the two a package deal.

Do not take it lightly in the slightest the time you have above ground. The time that is given to you shall be used properly as everyone serves a purpose, and not one person was placed in the timeline on accident. The most difficult part of life is figuring out where one belongs, but once you learn that, time will figure out new ways to trouble you.

A clock sounded off alarm bells every hour in Andromeda's head. As time ticked away from her very life, she sat ignoring the rising panic she felt in the kitchens.

If anything had been learned in her childhood, it had been patience. Every time that Alexander Carrow had put his hand at the small of her back, she reminded herself that she had to behave for the time being in order to escape. Reeling back her anger was a tough job, but it was one she could handle—for the time being—as long as she was able to hang out with Henri in result.

Like they were traveling to Neverland, each girl fled their common rooms, landing in the kitchens at the time they had arranged.

The elves had been as welcoming as they were in the past, greeting them with grins on their faces, ready to serve their every need. All the two wanted though, was a few pounds of chocolate, which the house-elves certainly produced.

"How hard do you think it would be to take over the world?" Andy asked randomly as they sat on the floor eating chocolate.

It might not have been the most random question if one took a look inside Meda's head. Trying to come up with ways to get out of the marriage, she stumbled down the rabbit hole of taking over the world to escape her problems.

"Probably pretty difficult," Henri mused, playing along with whatever Andromeda had started. "I bet it'd be harder for muggles than wizards though because they have magic."

"Yeah, but, the people they're fighting against have magic too," Meda thought aloud.

"Unless the people they attack are muggles," Henri shuddered at the thought.

"What kind of a wizard would actually take on a bunch of defenseless muggles?" Meda asked, not being able to process the idea. "Like pick on someone your own size."

"Only a really bad wizard would do that," Henri replied, gratefully taking more chocolate as the house elves gave it to them.

Time rushed on, dissolving them into silence as the next day arrived. The girls could expect irritations and deadlines and maybe some amusing situations, but for now they were unaware of what time had planned for them. Perhaps, this was for the best because time could be cruel.