20- Abandoned Rings and Other Awful Things

"This town don't got much to do
You and I haven't much to lose
So do you wanna rot in our rooms like we always do?"

"This town don't got much to doYou and I haven't much to lose So do you wanna rot in our rooms like we always do?"

TW// child abuse
Dreams fade, and they die. This is common knowledge to people who live with reality infiltrating their minds. Others still get surprised when they find that their past selves gave up on something that they once wished for. It's human nature to get distracted by things that lead one to different paths; paths that don't include dreams.

Sometimes Hogwarts felt like a dream to Andromeda. Every year she was whisked away from her family on a train and was taught that not everyone in the world were horrible people. However, the dream couldn't last forever, and quite quickly she was traveling back to the place where her dreams didn't matter.

The train ride from Hogwarts into London passed faster than Andy wanted it to, but she wasn't surprised because that's how it had been for the past five years she had been attending Hogwarts. Henri tried to distract her with various card games. They both knew it wasn't working though, Andy nearly chewed through her lip from anxiety.

When it came time to leave, Andy and Henri might've been the last two on the train. For a moment, they stared at each other awkwardly, but then Henri launched herself into a hug with Andy. Not being used to physical contact, Andy stood there frigidly, and before she knew it the hug was over.

"We'll have to work on that," Henri said, causing the two to laugh nervously. "Bye Andy."

"Bye," Andy said quietly, stepping off the train towards two house elves and Narcissa.

The two primly dressed girls next to the house elves in tattered clothing was quite the sight. Andromeda had always hated how the house elves were treated, and she wondered if they wished for a better life like she had as they apparated her back to her family.

Her childhood home was not too pretty on the outside, something that clearly was a reflection of most of the inhabitants of the home. Druella used to have the house elves garden frequently, but as the girls grew older their mother stopped caring for whatever reason. It was an odd thing to think about though, due to the fact that the Black family was always trying to uphold their outer image.

Feet meeting each front step, Meda followed Narcissa into the home. Awaiting their arrival was their mother, the same grim look greeting them that they had left in the fall. Narcissa received a head nod and pleasant smile before Druella's attention turned towards Meda.

"Don't think I didn't forget about the stunt you pulled on Halloween, girl," Druella said brashly.

Andromeda thought about how she had been on Halloween and winced. There was no possible way she could've made it into Hogsmeade without fainting, but her mother wouldn't care. She would call that an excuse.