40- Prim and Proper

A/N: This chapter has a large part of Sirius and Regulus not being treated well and the consequences of that. So, there is a TW// child abuse, please don't read if that triggers you.

...

"And I tried to hold these secrets inside me
My mind's like a deadly disease"

"And I tried to hold these secrets inside me My mind's like a deadly disease"

Laughter was the best medicine, or so they say. Ted happened to believe in it, no matter what Jack told him about modern medicines. The thing was, Ted had seen people sick, and they only seemed to get better if they were laughing. So, to him, it made perfect sense.

Also, he's a guy who laughs a whole lot, and his arm healed fast, which can only mean one thing. His laughter did the trick. Of course, when he told his mother this, she rolled her eyes, and insisted he still refrain from carrying heavy items around the house.
She banned him from quidditch too for now, even when he and Jack pleaded their case.

The Tonks' household was peaceful other than that. Their family had always gotten along—something Ted had become increasingly grateful for over the years—but Ted noticed that their relationship as a whole had changed.

He had anticipated the dynamic to change once he went to Hogwarts, and it had. The change had come with him learning about things his parents had no idea about, while he was still expected to keep up with the muggle world. They had adapted eventually. By the time he made it to the summer before his seventh year, there was an understanding between them where there wasn't before.

His favorite days were the first few of summer when he got to give everyone a recollection of his entire year. The Tonks' were avid listeners, and Ted was a willing storyteller.

Humming to himself, he pulls his toast from the toaster, sliding over the jam his mother had made just for him. It had freshly grown strawberries from their friends down the road who lived on a farm. Ted would have to thank them personally for such a contribution to society.

Before he ever sees her, he hears giggling come from behind a wall. Ted stops what he's doing—telling himself he can always come back to his toast—and watches as Bobbie pops out from behind the wall. He laughs with her.

Bobbie, being a full eleven years younger than Ted, was only born a short time before he went to Hogwarts. It was difficult for him to leave home, knowing that he was missing time with not only her, but also his younger brother, who was only a year older than her.

At first, it had been hard to make a connection with Bobbie and Alfie, but then Bobbie got sick. It wasn't that her getting sick was the reason for their closeness, but it sure brought the whole family together. He would miss school for periods of time in order to be there for some of Bobbie's treatments, and the bond they formed over that time didn't go away just because Ted had to go back to school.