Chapter 10

Everyone got out of there surah's but me, I was still trying to cope with this. Why haven't I heard of him before, if he goes to my school shouldn't I at least know his name? 

He looks so beautiful, his large eyes looking back to mine. But there was something about him that didn't have a good vibe. 

"Sofia." Zafir low voice snaps me out of my thoughts. "Do you know your surah?" Everyone in my group quiets down, looking at me. 

It took me a moment to realize he was talking to me. 

"Yes." I say quietly. I haven't even practiced here, but I did home so I must know it.

I pass him my kitab gently, my hand touching his strong ones. I awkwardly sit back down, fiddling with my hand, hoping it'll buy time so everyone can go back to there conversations.

"Surah Yasin?" He smiles, showing off his straight teeth. 

"Yes." I mumble, looking down at my sweaty hands, why am I nervous?

I begin reciting, used to the quietness, whenever I read it gets suddenly quiet. But by now I was use to it.

I finish reciting surah Yasin, and look up at the teacher. A smile planted on his face.

"Mashallah." He smiles. The most flawless one I've seen in awhile.

I nod not knowing what else to do. He passes my kitab back to me, reciting the next pages. He read it in such a beautiful way, it was light and soft, but wasn't really in a originally way, but still beautiful.

Almost all the girls in the building kept quiet, and listen to his soothing voice. Zafir finishes, and passes me back my kitab. 

"Half a page, make sure you practice." He looks directly at me.

"Inshallah." I get up, moving back to my spot.

"Inshallah." Zafir replies.

Conversations finally fill the room once again, I turn to Mira listening to whatever conversation she was having.

"His voice is amazing!" Mira's friend whisper-shouts to me. I nod smiling.

"Everyone was dead silent." Mira added. "Mashalla. I wish my voice was that good." Mira actually complains for once. 

"Your voice is good to." I point out, it was true she had quite the voice. 

"I know, but whenever you start reading, everyone is silent. Guess I got used to hearing you read that I didn't notice how wonderful it sounds like." Mira closes her kitab. 

"Thank you?" I say questionably, she didn't sound like she was happy that I had a voice.

"I'm going to read the athan, asalamualakum." Zafir gets up from his seat, giving me one last look. 

"Wa alaikum salam." I replied with others.

I didn't know that voice belonged to him when he read the athan. I get up and pray Asr 3:34 was the time on the clock.

I find Abeera, and quickly pray next to her with the others.

After prayer, I said goodbye to my friends, and told Abeera to hurry up. We get our sandals on and quickly leave Islamic Teachings. 

Abeera looked annoyed and upset still, but I won't ask much about it. People have there bad days, maybe today was just hers.