Chapter 35

Song for this chapter

Read All About it - Emeli Sande (it's a great song:) )

Moments when my mother cries in front of me rarely happens. I've once again pushed someone to the limit, causing there emotions to have the best of them.

It was shocking to see my mother cry, the way she acts makes me think she doesn't even care about her first husband. She makes it sound like his death meant so little to her, but she has proven me wrong. I should of apologize when I had the chance.

I'm acting like a child, what if Abdul isn't such a bad person after all? What if he is dad material, and what if he does treat mother right? I just can't image a male living with us besides Yusuf but he already moved to Seattle.

I kept thinking of how my life would not the same with Abdul around. I hope I can call him by his first name. Actually, I will call him by his first name. And if he dislikes that than I won't say his name at all. Cause it's not like I'll be speaking to him.

Imagine that. Me speaking to Abdul. It's really laughable really. I've only saw this man once and I have the worst thoughts on him. I mean he does look as young as my mother, and he did wore a thawb (or thobe either way you call it) I guess he might be the religious type. But I shouldn't judge him based on his clothing. Not yet that is. I haven't really looked at him, just gave glares.

I must look like a spoiled brat in my mothers eyes huh? Probably.

This last week of not having Abdul living with us yet has been passing by so quickly, it's already  Friday and once it's Sunday he'll be living with us. I'm the only one in the house who's freaking out.

Maybe if Yusuf still lived with us he'd be freaking out as well.

I hear the front door open, but I was to busy  drowning in my thoughts to see who it is.

"Sofia, will you stop looking like you're gonna throw up?" A familiar voice say behind me, I turn around and my whole body literally froze.

"Ifrah!" I run to the front door, tackling her into my arms.

"Oh my goodness! Why didn't you tell me you'll be here!" I shout, squeezing the lights out of her.

"You know air is also great." Ifrah laughs and I finally let go of her.

She looks so different! Luckily she isn't taller than me, but we're practically the same height. Her face looks more old, and she looks like the hipster type. Wearing glasses with a red hijab and red T-shirt and dark blue jeans.

"You got taller! I remember when you were the shortest friend I had."

 "Correction; the only friend you had." Ifrah teases and I smack her on the arm, causing her to laugh more.