Chapter 17

This week literally just went past me, cause it's already a Thursday.

My plan of ignoring Adam was still going on, I won't talk to him till he tells me. And I get a feeling that he'll ask me why I'm not speaking to him, he better know the damn answer.

Like usual the halls are filled with a bunch of students, I search quickly for Mira. I spot her by her locker wearing a gold dress and a white scarf. She always looks classy.

"Mira." I smile.

She turns to me and smiles. "Hey."

"Have you seen Adam." The words slips out of my mouth.

Mira looks at me with a questionable smile.

"Adam? Which Adam are we talking about." She raises her eyebrows.

I stay silent, looking everywhere but her.

"Oh my gosh, the weird Adam?" Mira gasp.

"His not weird!" Why am I defending him anyways.

Mira rolled her eyes, getting her notebooks out. "What happened to thinking he was a serial killer?"

"Maybe I was being judge mental." I shrug my shoulders.

"Don't hang around with that creep Sofia." Mira says with worried eyes.

I scoff, throwing my backpack over my shoulder. "His not a creep."

"And stop defending him."

"I'm not defending him, it's just you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover right? Same thing with people. Don't judge him by his appearance."

"I'm not judging, I just feel a bad vibe about him." Mira closes her locker slowly.

She doesn't know Adam at all, she doesn't know what he does to himself. No one does but me. Even though that's all I know about him, it feels like I know more.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes. We say our goodbyes, saying we'll talk more at lunch.

I go upstairs to my locker, doing my combination. In the corner of my eye I can see Adam pulling his one red note book out of his locker. I'm already thinking of ways to greet him, but I must forget his existence, cause if I don't he probably won't tell me.

"Hey." I hear Adam's voice but don't say anything.

"Ahem." He clears his throat. "I said hey."

I continue to not speak to him or make eye contact. I pull out my notebooks, and shut my locker, walking off to advisory only to be stopped by Adam.

"Wow. You're gonna ignore me now." He chuckles, pulling his hood off. I stare at his hand that was on my shoulder. Adam catches on and puts his hand back to his sides.

"Look! Just cause I'm not ready to tell you the truth about-" Adam begins but I cut him off.

"Tell me what truth? You said it's your friends that made you..." I trial off.

Wait. He said it was his so called friends didn't he? So what does he mean by telling me the truth? Which means...

"You lied?" I leaned back, waiting for him to tell me he wasn't lying, but he doesn't speak. I wasn't gonna say anything till he does. Adam's mouth is opened but no words seems to come out.

"Why is that a surprise." I say, pushing past him.

"Good morning Sofia." Mr.Foley says looking at attendance. The classroom was surprisingly cold, most of the students wore sweaters and sweatpants. And here I am wearing a dark gray hijab and a black T-shirt with dark jeans. I'm freezing.