Chapter 15

"What's the reason that you do it?" I ask Adam, noticing his eyes turning dark. 

"People." Adam picks at his nails. 

"Like?" I didn't want to force him to tell me who, but I deserve to know at least one name. 

"People." Adam repeats. There was probably no chance of me knowing who it is so I'll just drop this. 

Adam notices my silence, and quickly speaks. "There just a bunch of cocky jocks." 

So there's a group of them? He couldn't be referring to the football players at our school could he?

"Why?" 

"Go ask them." He says carelessly. I don't believe his telling me the truth, but I don't really know when Adam's lying or not. 

"Them who?" 

"Those people!" Adam raises his voice.

"What people?" 

"My friends! Okay. My so called friends." Adam stares at me tiredly.

He couldn't be serious could he, why would his friends be the reason why he hurts himself. There has to be another reason. And the thing is, I know he won't tell me what it is.

"Why do they make you do that." I gesture to his wrist. 

He shrugs. "I don't know." 

What?

"You don't know?" I step back from him, not realizing how close we are from each other. I need to remember my distance from Adam, sometimes I forget that his a guy and I'm a girl. And we keep distance. 

"Can we just drop this." Adam strokes his hair back, probably a habit he does when his stressed out. 

"Why can't I know." I cross my arms over my chest.

"I told you Sofia, I'm not an opened person." He shrugs again. 

I roll my eyes, and give a scoff. Not an opened person he says, people who hold everything in to themselves and never speak out loud about it becomes insane, and I know that's what will happen to Adam.

"What." Adam says, burning his eyes on me. 

"Oh nothing." 

"No, tell me." Adam says. His not my boss. 

 "I said nothing." I pull the storage room door. 

"Wait!" Adam calls for me. I turn around, meeting with his blue eyes.

"I uh...never mind." He strokes his hair back again. He was right about not being an opened person. I wonder if I can really even change that about him. 

I walk off to the empty halls, holding my folder. 

"Attention students, you are now out of the lock down."

Great timing..