Chapter 58

"He's...what?" the words slowly leave my mouth. Why's it so hard to breath all of the sudden. I can't even normally blink, I keep twitching up at him. Strangely, I point a shaky finger up at Yusuf, I hadn't noticed till he placed his large hands over it.

Yusuf doesn't answer but instead says, "Why didn't you answer my calls? I called you so many times but then you turned your phone off- I just- Omar was waiting for you, he wanted you to be there for his last moments ..but you weren't picking up and he- he had no time left. He was getting awfully sweaty, his heart was weak. The doctors told us he was fighting to stay awake and that he should've been dead already but he kept fighting. He said that he needs to see you.. but then his heart slowed.. he said the shahada and he.." Yusuf shakes his head wiping away a tear with his free hand. "God.. why didn't you pick up?!" he drops my hand and wipes his tears properly.

I flinch at the loud tone in his voice. "I didn't know. I didn't.. He told me.." I feel like I'm being strangled because it seems no words are escaping pass my mouth. Could this be real? Omar had been waiting for me. Yusuf had called because Omar was dying. But he told me he had two weeks left, was that a lie?

Did he want me to be less stress, is that why he had lied. But still.. he shouldn't have lied to me like that. Cause now he's dead, and I didn't get to speak to him I didn't get to tell him I love him, I didn't get to be the last thing he sees. I missed it all. I missed out everything. Omar is dead!

He's dead, he's really dead.

"He was waiting for you Sofia." Yusuf's tone has calmed down a bit. "He wanted you. And you should've answered your damn phone!"

Mariam comes in between us, placing a hand on Yusufs chest.

"Its not her fault, she didn't know. Okay?" Mariam defends me and I would've felt better but I'm too zoned out to focus on anything right now. She says something to me but I couldn't comprehend on what she had said.

She repeats herself. "Sofia, get up."

What. I look up realizing I had fell to the rug. I try to do as she said but I suddenly cry out of nowhere. I wasn't even in control of my body anymore. I was acting purely on my emotions.

I slammed my fist repeatedly on the ground. "Why! Why did he lie to me! He said he had weeks left to live but he didn't. Why did he lie?" My whole body is shaking.

I felt a pair of arms on my back. "Sofia," Yusuf says. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have made it seem like you were at fault for not answering me. You had no idea what was going on. And like you said Dad had told you you had weeks left. You didn't think the call would have been important." He says with guilt hinted in his cracking voice.

"I'm so stupid. I'm so stupid. I'm so.."

"Don't say that. You didn't know Sofia. It's not your fault." He holds me up in an awkward embrace.

I stare at the floor, tears blurring my sight. "I'm so stupid." I repeat, hardly caring about the reply of no's from everyone in the room.

I should have answered my phone. Why didn't I-

Adam. It was because of Adam! He had yelled and threw new information at my face, hating the fact that my phone kept ringing. So I had to turn it off so I could prove I was giving all my attention to him! He is the reason why I ignored Yusufs calls, and he's the reason why I turned my phone off. Its all Adams fault. If he hadn't talked to me I would have answered my phone. If he had told me he was gonna convert some other day I would have a answered my phone! If I hadn't even known him.. I would have still answered my phone.

Adam is the one responsible for this. Not me.

Through the tears that still fall down mine and everyone's cheeks, besides Abdul, I soon grew a different emotion. And it was hate. Pure, raw hate. Hate that you could compare to the same hate someone has for a killer. Hate that is so intense that it implies to the saying 'if looks could kill'. And that hate is for him and only him.

I hate Adam.

********

Very short but you guys been waiting awfully long.

And of course I'll provide you all with my excuse :

I DONT HAVE A LAPTOP ANYMOREEEE typing it all up with a mobile phone again... Wow

Thanks for all the love and support. 40k :D xx