Chapter 49

"Let me see your cheek." Adam ask, holding an icepack. He just returned from downstairs after asking Sofia if they had icepack. Sofia turns her head to the side to let him get a better view on the now light red cheek. If you tried to look closely you could see the outlines of the Omar's fingers.  

The two were in her room, Sameya, Omar, Yusuf, and Abdul left the house. Leaving her, Adam, and Abeera. It shocked her at first, why on earth would they let a guy stay in their house that they don't know. But at the same time she is more than happy because she needs him more than she thought she did. They probably had Adam in the back of their minds anyways.

 With no hesitance, Adam places the icepack firmly against her cheek. Luckily for him, this was now his excuse to stare at Sofia in awe. Her long laches blinked slowly, her small face was clear and sharp. The way her lips always stay a light pink amazes him, he would have never thought it would bring out her facial structure. So much beauty was given to her, it's insane. 

   Sofia looks at him from the corner of her eye, causing Adam to glance around her room, he was surprised that it actually fit her personality. The light blue walls, and the small chandelier that hung above the room. The large windows that were cover with a see through fabric. The rug was all black with white pop up words in different language. It's pretty artistic if you ask Adam. He looks at the counter, and spots a picture on it. 

Without asking Sofia, he pulls out the picture. Handing Sofia the icepack.

"He shows up and slaps me, you'd think-" Sofia stops in mid sentence, her eyes lingered onto the photo that Adam held. "What are you doing?" She jumps up, and grabs the photo out of his hands. 

Adam looks at her questioningly. "Was that you're mother and that man from earlier? They look awfully young in that photo don't ya think?" He crosses his arms over his chest.

"Well, I actually don't know what to think since you apparently think it's okay to touch my stuff without asking." 

"Sorry." he says seriously.

Sofia huffs, sitting back down on her bed. Fiddling with the photo in her hand.

"Why do you have that photo?" he sits on her green beanbag.

"Why can't I?"

"Cause you loath Ab-dull, remember." Adam reminds me.

 She corrects him. "It's Abdul." she then blinks at him. "Wait how did you know I loathed him?"

Adam darts his eyes on the floor. Fake coughing. 

Sofia's eyes widen in curiosity. "Adam, you better tell me right now." 

"Okay, okay." he raises his hands up in defense. "Sometimes when you call me, I can overhear the background..." he trails off.

"And..?" Sofia demands him to continue.

"And.. I heard the conversation you had with your mother about him."  he explains. 

Sofia rolls her eyes, she really needs to turn her phone off. Sitting back down on her bed, she presses the icepack on her bruised cheek and stared at the photo.

 Young and free was written all over the photo. They looked like a couple, but how is it possible? The photo was taken in 2003, two years after Sofia thought Omar died. Maybe the date just came out wrong or something, cause if Abdul did hang around her mother she would've remembered him, but she doesn't. 

"It says 2003.." Adam trails off, staring at the back side of the picture Sofia is holding. Ignoring his words, Sofia stares at the photo longer. Looking for any signs, just anything!