Changed 59

comment your thoughts while reading !

"He wrote you a letter.." Yusuf pulls away from me. It had been several hours later from my breakdown. A few minutes ago I was locking myself in my room but everyone wanted to speak to me. I didn't want to see my mother or Abdul, since they'll remind me of what Omar had said. I didn't want to see Abeera for the solid fact that she wouldn't understand since Omar isn't her real dad. And clearly Mariam has nothing to do with any of this so why involve her. 

The only one I had felt the closest to was Yusuf. So when he knocked my door for the second time I did open it, and here we are. Me crying on his shoulder and him comforting me. 

My eyes flickered to his. "A letter?" my heart beat quicken. 

Yusuf gives a small smile, turning away from me to reach into his back pocket. "I was gonna give it to you once you were feeling better." He explains. 

He unfolds the wrinkled piece of paper, and hands it to me. I stare at the paper dumbly. With steady hands I turned the paper over to see red ink all over it. What shocked me the most was the fact that our hand writing were so similar, we both shared the same curved R's and the computer typed 'a' that not much people use when handwriting. But besides the similar writing there was something I realized as soon as I saw the paper.

I couldn't read it. 

Tears started forming in my eyes as I hand the paper back to Yusuf. He looks at me in confusion. 

"What?" He looks at the paper than back at me. "I didn't read it yet, none of us did-"

"I can't read it. I just can't.. read it." my throat began to close up again. 

Yusuf frowns sadly at this answer and stares at the words. "Want me to read it to you?" 

I nod. He sighs and straightens the paper. Clearing his throat I quickly got ready for him to read it to me.

"Dear Sofia, I hope you are reading this and I hope you aren't crying because I would feel even worse for what I have done to you. One of the many things I wanted to accomplish was for you to feel nothing but peace and calmness and also a happy life. I've realized that I have .. failed as a father since I hadn't been there for you. I apologize for telling you that I had weeks to live, I just didn't want you to worry over a person like me. I wanted you to enjoy your blessed life with your amazing family. I wanted you to show everyone how smart and wonderful you are, even if I may not know since we are closer to strangers than anything. But I can just tell that you are smart, and that you are guided and you are loved. This fact makes me feel pleased. It makes my old heart feel relaxed. I know that I'll be leaving this world with you happy and having everything you need in life. That's all I ever wanted, I wanted nothing more than your happiness Sabrina. And I say Sabrina because that would've been your name if your mother hadn't told me it's overused. Haha. Any who I'm getting off topic, I just want you to know that my death or the reason why I left shouldn't be blamed on anyone other than me. If you feel the need to shout at someone, shout at me. If you want to accuse someone, accuse me. Because it's no ones fault but mine for my absence and death. I love you Sofia, since the day you were born and till the day you die. I hope to meet you again. Sincerely, Omar." 

"I love you too." I whisper.

***

Adam's POV

Since I got back home I noticed how tired my mom is and decided to do the chores for once. Even though it's thanksgiving break shes still working because we hadn't payed the last rent and the new one is already here. I don't understand what it is, maybe its the videos I had watched about respecting your mother or something, because ever since than I have been treated my mom so kindly. Even she's shocked. So clearly she was even more shocked when I had said that I'll clean the house and do the chores while she can rest.