Chapter 11

I went to Islamic Teaching's, nothing new happening, only a few awkward glances from Zafir here and there. I mean, I'm not head over heels for the guy unlike the girls in my group who are drooling over him. I pass my surah, he gave me a page since I have five days to practice, I told him that's a lot, way more then my original teacher gave me that's for sure. But he said if I practice everyday, I'll memorize the whole page, which I doubt. 

 Today was a Monday, my mind was so carefree, but then I remembered what made it so stressed; Adam. 

I give Mira a hug goodbye, rushing to my locker upstairs. Adam was there luckily, I kept on staring at him each chance I got. He wore the same outfit again, I wish he didn't but he probably did because of his wrist. Why would people do that to themselves?

I can't believe I haven't even thought of telling an adult yet, I'm such an awful person. 

"Sofia." Adam's emotionless voice caught me by surprise, my body flinched back, causing me to drop my notebooks. 

I chuckle awkwardly, picking them up. I turn to Adam who's eyes locked with mine.

"You scared me." I try to act casual, but I was indeed frighten by Adam. 

"I have that effort like that on people." He looks down on the floor, clearing his throat. "Thanks for not telling." He whispers to me. My body froze, he was talking about that run-in at the boys bathroom. 

"Adam," I didn't trust my voice, it was to shaky. "You need help." I pick up the rest of my books off of the floor.

"And for a second I was beginning to think you're cool." He scoffs, walking right past me, and into our homeroom. I rush after him, so I also wouldn't be late.

"You where almost late Sofia." Mr.Foley says, right after the bell rings. 

"But I'm not." I mumble under my breath, taking my seat next to Adam. 

"Okay class, there's not much news besides having a assemble this Friday. You'll have more information's in your fourth period class, which is when you return to advisory." 

Mr.Foley paces in front of the classroom. "We'll, I guess you guys can either read or continue with your conversations." The students cheered, rambling all at once. 

I awkwardly sit there, not having a book to read. 

The room was pretty loud, so I decided to chat with Adam about his problem, cause I know if I don't this strange guilt will ruin me the whole day. And what does he mean I was beginning to think you're cool ? How does keeping a secrete like his make me cool?

"I know that you're probably having a rough time, but..." I say quietly enough for only us to hear, I tried searching for the right words. "This is not the way." My fear and guilt mixes together. 

He pushes his long bangs to the side, I hated the stupid hood and bangs that covered his ocean colored eyes. 

"You don't know my life." Adam keeps his body facing forward, almost like I didn't exist. 

"That may be true, but I've been depressed too." 

"This is not fucking depression!" He shouts to me. Everyone turns to us, wondering who swore. 

"Who said that?" Mr.Foley said standing up from his desk. I kept quiet, but he was staring at my direction. 

"I said who said that?" Mr.Foley's voice fills the room. 

"Sorry Mr.Foley." I respond. "Won't happened again." I turn away from Adam, I guess I was pushing on him. But he didn't need to act so rude to me. 

Everyone continues with there conversations. 

"Okay sorry for labeling it that, but what do you expect me to do? Keep whatever you're doing a secrete?" I ask kindly, hoping he wasn't gonna jump up and shout at me. 

"Yes, is that so hard to do?" Adam replies, sighing loudly. Rude.

I roll my eyes, what is wrong with this kid? 

"Um, no." I reply back, rubbing my chin. "Is there anything I can do though, cause I can't keep this to myself." 

"Just don't tell no one." Easier said then done. "Why do you care?" He turns to me, reveling his bright blue eyes.

Why do I care? I care because I feel like whatever you do to yourself will be my fault, I care because no one should do such things to themselves, I care because people need to seek help. 

But I didn't say any of that, I turn away from him. 

"Exactly. No one cares about me." I can hear Adam say those words to himself. His not my problem, I shouldn't care about him. It's his life right? 

But I do care, I'm scared if he goes to the extremes...