Chapter 46

Guess what! Changed is #108 in Spiritual thanks so much for reading!! xx

didn't reread so expect LOTS of errors...

. . .

"He just left? Didn't even give a reason?" Ifrah says as she finds a table at the food cart for them to sit on. Though her and Sofia haven't solved their problem of her not going to Ifrah's wedding, they still speak to each other.

Sofia scoffs, "Yeah, maybe.. I don't know. It was so weird, he just left. He was in a rush obviously.. maybe something came up?"

Ifrah fidgets with Sofia's blackberry, typing something.

"Well, I guess the best way to know what's wrong is by calling."

"What?!" Sofia tries to snatch her phone back, but Ifrah kept a strong grip on it. Sofia's heart drop once she hears the phone ringing.

"Hang up! Ifrah I swear!-"

"Hello?" Adam's low voice fills the speaker.

Ifrah grins and hands Sofia back her phone, knowing that she can't hang up now. Sofia snatches her phone back anyway, and places it to her ear.

"Hello...?" Adam repeats after a couple of seconds of silence.

"Hey.. Adam .." Sofia glares at Ifrah; who's laughing to herself. Thinking that the situation that Sofia is in is the funniest thing ever.

"Um hi?"

"Say something!" Ifrah hisses as she kicks Sofia under the table. Sofia yelps, pulling her phone away from her so Adam doesn't hear.

"What do I say?" Sofia whispers, but by the look Ifrah was giving her, there was no way she'll help her out.

"Sofia-" Adam say's impatient.

"I was just calling because.. you uh, left unexpectedly."

"Oh."

"Why? I mean we could have studied some other time when you're free.." Sofia trails off.

Adams sigh could be heard through the phone. "I forgot I had plans with Maya."

The pang of jealousy rings through Sofia, but she brushes it off since Ifrah is with her. Him and Maya still talk? Why would he speak to her after what Maya did to her in the cafeteria? And it's obvious that Maya has feelings for him and-

"Oooo.. who's Maya?" Ifrah says slyly.

Sofia rolls her eyes. "That's okay." she says through the line. "We can just pick another day right?"

"There isn't gonna be another day." Adam says impatiently. "I gotta go."

Sofia still has her phone to her face, not believing that Adam just hanged up like that. She blinks, moving her phone away from her.

"So what he say? And who's Maya, is that like his-"

"I don't know." Sofia says harshly, cutting off Ifrah.

Ifrah looks taken back. "Jeez, sorry. But who is she?" Ifrah dares to ask again.

Sofia glares at her direction. "Maya is someone I absolutely hate. We had some beef since she made some rumors about me. But it's all good now, I mean I obviously don't like her but she stopped."

Ifrah nods, understanding. "So you're mad at Adam because his buddy-buddy with her?"

Sofia shakes her head, knowing that being mad at Adam like that would be petty. Plus apparently their good friends from childhood. Sofia can't allow herself to ever be mad at Adam for a dumb reason like that.