Chapter 16

I'm so angry for no reason. Actually I do have a reason, Adam. What is wrong with that dude. I know his not opened but he could at least tell me the reason his so called friends make him do this to himself. And the worst part is that I care about whatever is happening to him.

No. I don't.

If his gonna tell me to do things again, I will never care for him. He can look out for himself, who even needs him. Though he didn't really force me to do anything. Heck, he didn't even ask for mental help. I'm basically saying I don't care when in reality I do.

I hate it.

I make a turn in the hall and bump into a strong chest.

"Ow." I get pushed back. I look up surprised to who it is.

Zafir?

He also looks taken back, probably doesn't even recognize me.

"I'm so deeply sorry." Zafir looks down at me.

"It's okay, I wasn't...looking." I awkwardly say, feeling my cheeks heat up.

Zafir nods. "You're from Islamic Teachings I presume?" Zafir ask tilting his head.

"Yes."

"Sofia, right?" I nod. "I'm Zafir if you forgot." He says.

I didn't want to be rude to him, but if I stay here talking to him I'll be late for anatomy. I look around to see the nearest clock.

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hold you up." He says so kindly, I still don't believe his real right now. It's not everyday you meet a decent gentlemen.

He moves out of my way.

"See you later Sofia." Zafir smiles to me as I give a simple nod though deep down I was having a panic.

Wait till I tell Mira and them tomorrow.

. . .

Mr.Dawn continued to explain about parts of the human body, I get lost a couple of times, to busy thinking about what just happened. I also need to avoid Adam at the end of the day, maybe he'll catch on to why I'm not speaking to him, than he'll come clean and tell me about his so called buddies of his. I just deserve to know. But at the same time what will I do once I find out about the people who makes him do this to himself? That is if I find out. Adam is probably not gonna tell me yet.

"Alright class dismissed." Mr.Dawn says.

What? I've must be too zoned out to whatever was happening the past hour.

"Sofia, can I have a word with you." Mr.Dawn says, I nod confused as the students leave the classroom.

"I've notice that you don't seem to pay attention in class." Mr.Dawn crosses his arms together, sitting behind his desk.

I wasn't expecting that, but I'll come up with something.

"Now if it's because you sit in the back of the classrom, I'll be more than happy to change it." Mr.Dawn says kindly. His a pretty young teacher, looking around his early thirties. Dark hair, but bright blue eyes.

"No thank you. I'll try to pay attention more in class, it won't happen again." I say as if it was a fact.

Mr.Dawn nods. "Good."

"Have a good evening Sofia." He says as I open the door.

"You too." I say, grabbing my notebooks tightly.

Once I finally leave the classroom, I rush to my locker on the same floor as my last class. I finish packing my things, and shut my locker.

Walking downstairs with a group of other students than walking out the door. I spot Adam leaned on a tree that was in the shade, I stand awkwardly away from him, hoping he didn't notice me. This is the second time he stole my spot by the tree.

I wait patiently for my bus, eavesdropping to conversations to keep me entertained.

I turn back to see if Adam was looking at me, and he was.

He looked confused and maybe even embarrassed, I bet he was expecting me to show up to him but I proved him wrong.

He walks towards me causing my heart to beat faster.

"What the hell?" Adam says looking at me confused. "Why are you standing here?"

"Cause I can." I snap.

Adam scoffs, taking a step back.

"Okay. Where did this attitude come from?"

"What attitude." Even I have to admit I sound like a completely different person.

"All I'm asking is why you're standing here." Adam says.

"I'm waiting for my bus to arrive." I know that wasn't what he meant but it was worth seeing him angry.

"You know that's not what I meant."

"Actually I wouldn't know what you meant, since you aren't really an opened person." I give a fake smile.

"It's not my fault." Adam says through his teeth.

Is he always trying to be the victim in everything? Does he cry for attention.

"Then who's is it Adam?" I say cutting him off before he could speak. "Never mind. Best if you keep it to yourself. Which shouldn't be anything new right." I spot my bus parked in a lane, perfect timing.

I walk off before Adam could say a word back to me. That's what he deserves though.

I should know.