Chapter 57

(just for a heads up this chapter is gonna be very rushed [;-;] sorry)

"The baby... is Zafir's." I shouldn't feel relived, I shouldn't be feeling anything besides being surprised. If the baby were to be Adam's it should not matter to me, and if the baby was not his I shouldn't feel relieved. I hate this, I hate my reactions. The look on Yusuf face looks like disappointment, he must have expected much more of a reaction from me then. 

"Wait why are you telling me this?" I shake my head. "I don't care if the baby is Adam's or not. I don't care if its Zafir, even though thats a shock..wow but- why are you telling me this?" Lies, I speak nothing but lies. I care, I care, I care.

It was as if Yusuf could see right pass my question. "Adam wanted you to know. He wanted you to see his innocence and not believe a word Zafir has said to you. He wants.." Yusuf doesn't continue.

"He wants what?"

He shakes his head. "You should go speak to him."

I turn away from Yusuf. Speak to Adam? And say what, 'oh Adam I'm such a judgemental person, you were right and I was wrong, please forgive me'. Never in a million years, I do want to see Adam but my mind isn't even focusing on him right now. 

Its only on one person and thats Omar. How is Omar? Did he get a good nights rest, is he feeling much better? Is he thinking about all the mistakes he made in his life, does he regret leaving me?

The only person I should be going to is Omar, not Adam. But I listen to Yusuf and do as he said. 

*Cafe, 2:00*  I send to Adam after my brother had left. 

________________________

We meet up at the cafe, Adam sits across from me holding two cups of coffee. I grab one saying thank you, and sit down. I place my phone to the side of the table so I won't get distracted.

"How's your dad?" Adam asks, starting the conversation. 

I place the cup down. "I haven't seen him since last night."

"Oh." Adam says awkwardly. "You should go see him then." Theres nothing to talk about, but he's willingly to steer the conversation so why not let him continue.   

I pick at my nails, sitting in silence.  Sighing, I pick up my phone and right when I hold it Adam says what we've been thinking to talk about. 

"Zafir is the father." 

I froze for a while but regain pasture. I place the phone back down on the table, turning to him to show him I'm giving him my full attention. 

"So I've heard." 

Adam sighs in relief. "Good, so you believe me now right. That the baby isn't mine, that it is Zafir's." He's smiling, and suddenly I can't bare to look at him.

I lower my gaze, "I uh.. actually.. I don't. I just I have doubts you know?" 

His face falls. "Doubts? Wait, did your brother tell you how we saw him. The both of us, we saw him at the nightclub with Maya. They were arguing about how she's pregnant and..." He trails off, noticing how my face remains with the same dull expression. 

"He already told you didn't he." his voice lowers. "If he already told you than why aren't you believing me now? I had to get your own brother to prove that the baby isn't mine and yet you don't believe me.. still?" He sounds broken, but even that doesn't make me at all feel sympathy. Or maybe I do feel sympathy but I just deny it.

I shrug my shoulders. "I just have doubts, okay. It's probably a mere feeling that will go away soon."

"A mere feeling?" He repeats me."Sofia, the baby is not mine! I've done nothing wrong. Can't you see that? Am I that disgusting that you can't even for a split second see that I'm clean for once?"