Chapter 26

Songs for this chapter

Treat Me Like Somebody - Tink

Jar of Hearts - Christina Perri

The stares I received in lunch felt unbearable. I didn't know how long I could take it. The stares all came from Maya's table,her and her Muslim friends. I don't know what lie she told them about me, but they all looked at me with wide eyes. And I stared at them until they would finally turn around, and stop facing me.

"Why are they staring at you?" I hear Sahra ask.

"I don't know." I shrug. Noticing something moving towards me, which was Maya.

She sits in the seat in front of me that was opened. I look at her questionably, and so did her friends who were now facing me.

"Sofia." Maya crosses her arms. "A little birdy told me you got a problem with my sister."

I take a minute finishing my last bit off of my burger, and respond.

"Actually I don't have a problem with her. But it would be nice if she could stop being harsh on my sister." I smile back at her.

"Hmm? Harsh?" Maya gives a small chuckle, picking at her nails.

"Clearly you don't know my sister." Maya says, like it was an insult to not know her sister.

"Clearly I don't."

"Her names Sara."

I roll my eyes, not caring for the name of the girl who keeps criticizing Abeera.

"Well, like I said. I don't have a problems with Sara. Can you please tell her to leave Abeera alone."

"And if I don't?"

 If I don't? What is her problem, we are almost adults and she's acting like a damn child.

"I'll tell her to leave her alone than." I chuckle at her, standing up ready to dump my trey until Maya pushes the trey onto me. The milk carton on my trey spilling over my T-shirt.

I gasp loudly. Is this woman insane. How could she just do that? What have I done to her.

"Are you fucking serious?!" I shout, causing one of the Staff members to come over to us.

"My bad." Maya smiles, pushing her red hair back. Bullshit she did that on purpose.

"That is such a lie!" I shout at her, ready to give her an upper cut but Mira holds me back.

"She's not worth it." Mira shakes her head, as she pulls my arm and walks out with me to the cafeteria.