The reunion

"I got him. We'll reach them faster if I shift."

I threw down her bag that I had been carrying before I shifted quickly and painlessly to my werewolf form. It took mere seconds since I'd shifted so many times in the past year.

I laid on the ground, making it easier for her short legs to climb onto my back. Once she had settled, she gave me a firm pat and I took off. From her small hands clutching my fur tightly, I could tell she hadn't done this before. I tried to steady my movements as much as possible as I tapped into my vampire vision, racing ahead.

In barely an hour, I could sense them nearing only a couple meters separating us. I halted, allowing her to slide off my back as I shifted back to my human form.

"What now?"

"We wait."

"Shouldn't we look for a more secluded area?" I said noticing a few nearby people. I held my breath, forgetting for a second that they couldn't see us. A woman almost walked straight into me, looking past me like I wasn't there. At the last minute, I stepped out of the way before letting out the breath I was holding in.

"Shhhh. We're invisible but they can still hear us," she hissed, motioning to the woman who was now frowning down at a tree branch I'd stumbled over.

"Sorry," I whispered, putting distance between me and the people around us.

"I can feel them. Create a distraction."

"How?" I asked, looking around.

"You're a smart girl. Figure something out."

I looked around, spotting a tree stump a good distance away from us. I set my eyes upon it, using my magic to set it aflame causing the few people near us to go running towards it to put it out.

"Perfect. Now come."

I followed her, my heart racing as I started to make out the group nearing us. I gulped hard when I noticed Zion, his sunken eyes and dark eye circles. He had lost weight and looked awful. But his eyes still shone brightly with hope. Behind him was Star, Joel, Tom, and Jer. I raised my eyebrow, noticing Edward wasn't among them. It wasn't like him to let them travel alone.

"Now."

"Huh?"

Suddenly, I watched the ground beneath us drop. I heard Star's scream and looked to the side to see the old witch grinning at me. Of course she had a plan.

After awhile we all landed roughly on the ground and I watched my friends scramble to their feet, looking around nervously. They still couldn't see me.

"How do we make them see us?"

"Speak to them."

I opened my mouth to say something, anything but my mouth ran dry as I was unable to form words.

"Okay, I'll start," she said with a hint of disappointment in her voice.

"Children, don't be scared. We aren't here to harm you."

"What the-" Joel said, stumbling back as he noticed her.

"We? Who else is here?" Jer asked, searching the space with his hands raised in defense.

"Speak," the old witch ordered.

"It's me," I said casually, burying all signs of former nervousness.

They all gasped at the sight of me, backing up.

"Well, this is unexpected," Edward's voice rang out before appearing beside Zion.