The Fourth and Fifth Wave

I watched around camp as everyone was starting to wake up. Some gathered weapons while others devoured food quickly. The thought of eating food made my stomach sick. I hadn't slept a lick of sleep and from the thick bags under Bonnie's eyes, she hadn't either. The others were tossing and turning all night as well so I doubted they'd slept well either. I had heard her sobbing throughout the night, respecting her wishes to be alone even though every fiber in my body wanted to comfort her. My anger still felt fresh and the thought of slaughtering vampires made my blood rush in excitement. The war was almost over, I could feel it. I'd been tracking the giants movements all night. They were unorganized, grouping together and attacking with no clear strategy. That was their downfall.

The horns blew, resounding all over camp and I rose to my feet. I made my way over to Tom, whispering quietly for to him to take Esat. It's not that I didn't trust Bonnie. With the weight of her boyfriend dying, I didn't want to put any more pressure on her.

Tom nodded, taking Esat and taking off into the air.

I transformed quickly into my werewolf form before taking off and speeding quickly to the forefront of the war.

I dug my claws into the Earth, howling loudly as dark magic exploded out of me and made its way towards the horde of giants. My anger has strengthened its impact, bringing some giants to their knees as the others yelled in pain. Those of us on the ground charged forward, taking advantage of their weakness to attack. The ones in the air shot weapons from above. I ripped out hearts left and right, tearing them apart with my claws and fangs. I was fuming, channeling my anger in each attack. It was as if something inside of me had finally broke. The only thing I cared about was destroying them.

I sensed more coming from the forest, thousands more. Even more than we had fought yesterday. I tried to get a count but they kept multiplying. 5000. 6000. 9000. 15000. 20000. They had all finally caught up to us. This was all of them, I was sure of it. This battle was the last one.

I shifted out of my werewolf form. There were too many to fight head on. I needed to buy us time. I focused on my dark magic, reaching in to use every last bit of it. I focused on my werewolf powers, my Angel powers, my witch powers, and my vampire powers. I created a hurricane of power through the dark magic, creating a tornado that was growing out of my palm. It was growing taller and taller, soaring above the giants and far past the trees.

"Saron!" I heard Zion scream. I tuned out his voice and all others as I focused.

When I felt it was strong enough, I flung it towards the giants and towards the forest. The magic spread out, creating a wave that hit everything in its path. It hit the giants, the trees, the plants, everything in its vicinity. It demolished the forest, harming thousands of giants in the process as the dark magic tormented them.

I turned around, looking at Zion and nodding to let him know I was fine before taking off into the air, my wings flapping powerfully through the Earth as the light reflected off my wings. The reflection of the sunlight from my wing heated up my skin as the light made my dark skin glow bright in its presence. Even though the attack had taken a lot out of me, I still felt unstoppable. I flew low, close to the giants as I flung weapons every which way and sunk them in the giants chests. I reached down, letting my claws extrude from my nail beds and plucked the giants hearts out left and right. They were being killed speedily now that they were compromised and the thousands of us on the ground and in the air were prevailing. But even so, I could see thousands more approaching and ready to take their place.

I abandoned the ones who were already down, surging forward to attack the ones who were approaching. I grabbed weapons that were scattered the remains of the forest, replacing the weapons I'd lost.