An unexpected ally

I woke up earlier than usual, without the help of Star's alarm. I got out of bed slowly, careful not to wake Esat and quietly tiptoeing around the bed where Bonnie and Star were peacefully sleeping. We all decided to make the private room our new sleeping quarters since it still wasn't safe for me to sleep with everyone else. There still were students who wanted nothing more than to see me dead. The boys pulled in another bed into the room so we each had shared a bed with one another.

I walked over to the closet, grabbing a jacket and a pair of pants. I decided to ditch the blazer for once. It was pointless since everyone knew who I was now. I slid the bathroom door behind me and hopped into the shower. Once I was done, I put on a fresh outfit and pulled my hair back. Right on cue, I heard the blaring of Star's alarm and the groaning from Esat and Bonnie. I smiled, glad I was already awake and behind the thick bathroom doors.

"Turn off that damn alarm!" Bonnie yelled, smothering Star with her pillow.

I walked out chuckling as I grabbed Star's phone and stopped the alarm.

"You're up?" Star asked incredulously, breathing hard as she glared at Bonnie in contempt for suffocating her.

"Is that so hard to believe?" I asked, yanking the blankets off Esat who was surprisingly still fast asleep despite all the noise.

"Why do I have to wake up? I'm not training!" Esat whined, burying her head in her pillow.

"Yeah but you're gonna watch," Bonnie said, smiling at Esat.

"Yeah, you have to come!" Star insisted.

"Fine," Esat said, slowly getting out of bed.

I made both beds as they washed up and got dressed but I couldn't shake the jitteriness I was feeling. It's not like it was the first time I had to battle. I felt like it was the first day all over again. I hadn't been in class in so long, my stomach was doing somersaults at the idea of going back.

"Come on Saron," Star said, pulling me forward.

We walked out, barely noticing the stares and whispers as we made our way through the White Wing. We spotted the boys huddled near the entrance.

"You're coming?" Jeremy asked, raising an eyebrow in confusion at Esat.

"They forced me to. Apparently if I can't train, I have to watch," she replied, rolling her eyes.

"You can cheer us on while we kick ass," Joel reassured her with a wink.

Star and Joel left first hand in hand and Bonnie and Jeremy trailed behind. Esat, Tom, and I followed.

"Did you get some sleep?"

I turned, noticing Tom eying me like a wounded animal.

"I'm fine. You don't have to keep looking at me like that."

"Looking at you like what?" Tom asked, brows furrowing in confusion.

"Like she's gonna break any second," Esat finished.

"See, even Esat sees it."

"Must be some weird half sister thing," he joked.

"Where's Zion?" Esat asked as we walked towards the staircase.

"I don't know."

"You didn't text him?" she asked back.

"About that...I kind of broke my phone."

"Of course you did," Tom said, shaking his head in disapproval.

"Shut up," I said, shoving him to the side. We watched as Bonnie, Jeremy, Star, and Joel took off into the air, soaring to the top of the suitcase quickly.