The Third Wave

Before long, all of the giants in the forest were dead. It became deadly silent and all you could hear was the heaving breaths and yells of everyone.

I looked around, only seeing a handful of us dead while thousands of giants lay lifeless at our feet.

I heard a squeal of excitement which quickly transformed into cheers and screams of joy that filled the entire area.

I turned to see Esat pumping her fist in the air in excitement, smiling at her excitement. This battle was a success, ending much quicker than I would have expected. I turned heel, flying back to camp with everyone else before landing on the ground.

"It's over," a voice yelled, squeezing her arms around me tightly. I laughed, draping an arm over Star.

"Stop," Zion said, causing us all to quiet down. I looked at him in concern, following his gaze back to the forest. I focused my sight, looking far past the sea of dead giants. That's when I saw them. Thousands more approaching. Stepping over the limp bodies of their comrades and making their way through.

"It's not done," I said in horror.

"What do you mean? We killed them all," Esat argued.

The cheers were quickly replaced by screams as the first few giants emerged from the fallen forest.

"Fuck," Tom said, his mouth dropping open.

"Go," I yelled to Bonnie, motioning towards Esat. Esat climbed onto her back quickly as they took off into the air.

"Go, I'm staying on the ground," I said nodding to Tom who was waiting for me.

"You don't have to stay down here for me. I can take care of myself," Zion said.

"I know you can. There are already too many in the air and I can use my Earth magic better on the ground," I explained.

I spun around, catching a knife that was headed my way. I locked eyes with the giant who threw it who was grinning evilly at me.

I looked at Zion, sharing a look of encouragement before speeding towards the giants. I waved my hands, breaking his neck and the other two beside him before releasing my bow and arrow and aiming sinking it in each ones heart in seconds.

I spotted a giant a couple feet away, pick up a student. The student struggled under the giants grip, gasping for air. I snarled as I ran forward, transforming in motion as I shifted into my werewolf form. I leaped up into the air aiming for the giants hand as I sunk my teeth in its wrist, scraping the bone. The giant howled before releasing the student. I let go of my grip on its wrist as I saw it's other hand nearing me in attempt to whack me off it. I jumped back to the ground, growling before I jumped up again and opened my mouth as wide as I could as I used my vampire speed to speed up. I sunk my teeth into the giant's chest, ripping its heart out of its chest cavity with my teeth before spitting it out onto the ground. The giant crumbled to the ground.

I yelped as I felt my body being carried up into the air. I let my dark magic seep out of my fur and I felt myself drop as I was released. I looked up to find the giant shaking his hand in an attempt to wiggle off the hold of the dark magic. I shifted back into my body quickly and took out an arrow, aiming at at the giants heart. The giant swatted away the arrow like a fly as it stomped towards me, angrily.

"You can't kill me," it's hollow, monotonous voice rang out.

"I think I can," I said as I flew up into the air. I outstretched my hand, curling my fingers into my palm as I pulled the oxygen, choking him. He cleared at his throat as he struggled to make out a few words.