More bad news

"It's not your fault."

I scowled, his words only reminding me of how badly I'd messed up this time.

Saron, meet me at the office

I flinched at the sound of Oreres's voice in my head.

"What is it?" Zion asked, noticing my troubled expression.

"Oreres wants us to meet her at the office."

"That can't be good," he said, flitting forward quickly. I followed him quickly until we approached the Office.

Surprisingly, I found Oreres alone with a haunted look on her face that made me forget my own emotions and rush towards her in concern.

"What is it?"

"Your sister," she said carefully.

"Esat?! What's wrong? Is she okay?"

"Her mother called. She never returned home last night and nobody's seen her. We think she's been taken."

"Taken?" Zion asked.

"Edward's looking for her. I'm sure he'll find her soon."

"Do you think she's in danger?" I asked fearfully. She gave me a tight smile that said it was a possibility. I could feel my stomach churning with anger. We had to find her.

"Why did Meda come?" Oreres asked, changing the subject so abruptly it caught me off guard.

I looked at Zion, not willing to break the news myself.

Zion briefly summarized the horrible turn of events as I watched Oreres silently. There wasn't a flicker of fear on her face as she turned to me just as calm and collected as she was prior to hearing the story.

She paced silently as she contemplated. I eyed Zion nervously, not knowing what to expect.

"What's the plan?" Zion asked, finally breaking the silence.

"Edward wouldn't like it but we no longer have time to waste. The students must be informed of what's to come and they'll have to put aside their differences and think of our survival. We'll also have to immediately postpone all classes that aren't battle courses and focus on training as many students as we can for the war."

Nodding, I asked, "What about Esat?"

"Your father will find her. You need to focus on training. It's late," she said bluntly, motioning us towards the door.

Frowning, I turned on my heel and walked out after Zion. We walked slowly in silence for a few minutes before he spoke up.

"What are you thinking?"

"We need to help Edward save Esat," I said turning to him with a decided look. I had no idea where she was or if she was okay but I couldn't sit here and wait when she could possibly be in danger.

"I agree," he said, surprising me.

"Really?" I said, raising an eyebrow in confusion.

"Don't look so surprised," he said shaking his head at me.

"They're in the Caf," I said, spotting them in my mental grid.

Zion nodded, preparing to rush forward before I grabbed his hand.

"We should go alone. Don't tell the others."

"We don't know what could be waiting for us there. We're the only two with vampire speed," I added quickly noticing the perplexed expression on his face. We already had a war looming ahead so I wasn't going to put my friends in another potential forest hidden with monsters situation.