War has come

My eyes opened to the bright light of the Infirmary. Looking around, I realized I was alone. I hopped off the bed, going towards the door and out. I passed a nurse, grabbing her hand to stop her.

"Where is my friend Star?"

"I'm sorry dear, I don't kno-"

"Edward?"

"I'm afraid I don't-"

I let go of her wrist, shaking my head as I walked away. I tapped into my vampire vision, looking through the mental map in my head until I spotted her. She was on the other side of the Infirmary with Joel. I rushed over there quickly until I came to the door. I turned the knob, walking in without knocking to find Star in a hospital bed giggling with Joel by her side.

"Saron!" She squealed in excitement.

"You're fine," I said, grabbing her outstretched hands as I let out a sigh of relief.

"Thanks to you," Joel said, smiling at me thankfully.

"Where are the others? Edward? Zion?"

"They were here earlier to see me but they all left. I haven't seen Edward though."

"Take care of her Joel," I said, nodding to them both before rushing out.

I flitted to the office, sending both Edward and Oreres there.

"Edward," I called out, pushing open the office doors.

He smiled brightly at me, looking normal as ever without a single scratch.

"I expected you to be out longer. You're much stronger now," Oreres commented.

"How long have I been out?"

"Barely two hours," Edward answered.

"Are you okay?" I asked, shivering at the memory of his scarred back and bruised face.

"It'll take more that a beating to break me," Edward joked.

"What do they want? Why did they beat you?"

"They're scared," Oreres answered.

"Scared? Of what?"

"No one's ever controlled the dark magic before. Not like you have. Someone as powerful as you with dark magic is a threat to their precious Delegation. Now that you've escaped, it'll only get worse."

"Worse?" I asked, turning to Oreres for a further explanation.

"You directly disobeyed their order. No one has ever done that before. They have to make an example of you or their followers will revolt."

"What does that mean?"

"We are at war with the most powerful organization of supernaturals," Edward said gravely.

"War? We can't afford to be at war with supernaturals. We barely have enough support to fight the Vexons?" I exclaimed incredulously.

"That's not all," Oreres said, smiling.

"What could be worse than this?"

"We've gained support. Your rebellion against the Delegation tipped the balance in our favor," Edward said, smiling proudly.

"What's the use of having supporters for them to be slaughtered in a war? Is there any way to stop this? Couldn't I go back to the Grid and talk to them-"

"They want you dead child. The time for talk is over."

"So what are we supposed to do? Sit and wait for them to attack?"