Let's do the impossible

"We're done, now what?" Chel asked, looking to us for answers.

"Chel, Saron, Bea, Larx, and Leo, congratulations, you have won your battle. Head towards the back of the arena and get some refreshments. Once everyone has completed their fights, your final battle will begin."

"You don't have to tell me twice," Larx said grinning as she jumped up into the air with Leo on her tail heading towards the back. Larx took off in a flash, weaving through the crowd.

I prepared to take off after them but noticed the look of jealousy written all over Bea's face. She was the only one of us without wings or speed which meant she'd have to walk the whole way. I doubted she'd make it all across the arena in 15 minutes.

A part of me wanted nothing more than to leave her alone, it wasn't like she didn't deserve it. But if I did that, I'd be just as bad as her. I had to be better.

"Take my hand," I ordered, looking at Bea.

"What? Why?" She said, her eyes widening as if she didn't believe what I was asking.

"Why do you always have to make everything so difficult?" I snapped, grabbing her hand before fleeting us quickly across the arena to the back where there was a buffet table with all types of food scattered.

"Took you long enough," Leo said, draining a blood bag nearby.

Bea looked down at her hands then to me, speechless. I nodded at her before heading towards the meat, saving her from a awkward encounter. Bea wasn't the type to say thank you. It simply wasn't in her nature. Besides, I could tell from the look in her eye she was grateful so no need wasting any more precious time.

I grabbed a slab of meat, biting into it as my fangs protruded and the sweet taste of blood mixed with the sour taste of the meat exploded in my mouth. Next, I grabbed a blood bag and downed it then another. I was too busy having foodgasm after foodgasm that I failed to notice I had a fan.

"And I thought I was hungry," Zion commented, leaning against the nearby wall and eying me in interest.

"Zion," I exclaimed, grinning as I threw my arms around him. We'd been separated for barely an hour but I'd missed him.

He wrapped his arms around me, returning my embrace before pulling away.

"I wish I could help you."

"I'll be fine," I reassured him before plucking another blood bag off of a nearby tray and downing it.

I couldn't help but notice Bea sneaking glances from a distance away as she downed a burger.

Noticing her as well, Zion's warm smile turned cold as he stared her down with an icy glare.

"Zion, she's on my team."

He looked back at me in confusion, reverting his attention back to me. I could almost see the wheels turning in his head as he struggled to make sense of it.

"She volunteered surprisingly. And she's been oddly cool."

"That's surprising. Where's her evil twin?"

"Sick. Where's your team? I want to meet some of the people I'll be battling."

"You mean we'll be battling?" Larx said, smiling at me as she walked up to me and Zion with Leo on her heel.

"Yes, we. Zion, this is Larx and Leo."

He outstretched his hand, shaking both of their hands with a friendly smile.

"You're a hybrid too, aren't you?" Larx answered, eying him curiously.

"Yes," Zion answered.