The clock is ticking

My eyes flew open at the sound of scuffling. I looked over, seeing Bonnie fast asleep before reaching for my knives and making my way to the door. I opened it, finding the witch from the Delegation standing behind it.

"Saron, let's go for a walk," she said casually.

"And why would I do that? You can't get past this barrier."

"I can't. But my weapons can and I can kill your friend while she's sleeping."

I stepped out of the barrier, allowing the dark magic to swirl around me to ensure she didn't try anything. I closed the door quickly behind me as I fell into step with her.

"How did you get past all the defenses?"

"I'm much older than I look. Protection spells to protect a collective aren't difficult to crack."

"Why are you here?"

"We underestimated you and your friends."

"Here to finish the job?" I asked, placing a hand on my knives from the waist band I'd attached to my hip.

"No, killing you would be a waste."

"Why don't I just kill you right now?" I offered, sending the dark magic over to her.

"Because if you do, your precious Academy and everyone in it will die."

"What?!"

"If you don't accept my proposition, I have my guards stationed at each wing with orders to take everyone out."

"What do you want?" I spat, angrily.

"It seems the old witch was right. One of my men spot a Vexon a couple miles away from the Grid. We're going to investigate and see how many there are."

"And what does that have to do with me?"

"You're coming with us. Unless you prefer the alternative?"

"Can I at least say bye to my friends?"

"We don't have time. You can go tell your sleeping friend to pass on your goodbye."

I flitted away before she could finish her sentence, trying to alleviate the growing guilt brooding in my stomach at me leaving again. At least this time, they wouldn't be in the dark.

"Bonnie, wake up," I said, shaking her.

"Wha- what time is it?" She said, groggily.

"One of the members of the Delegation are here. I have to go with them. Tell the others I'll be fine."

"Wait, what?" She asked, jumping up as her eyes widened in terror.

"I'll be fine. They don't want to kill me. I don't have time to explain. Tell the others."

I darted away before she could reply, slowing once I landed beside the witch.

"One more thing."

"You're pushing your luck girl-"

"My mate. He has to come."

"I'm already here," Zion called out, appearing in a flash in front of me, shielding me from her.

"How did you-"

"Your guards aren't nearly as stealthy as you think they are. I killed 10 of them on the way here."

"If I wanted her dead, I'd have killed her already," she replied, annoyed.

"She found the Vexons," I explained.