The Delegation's summon

"Saron, focus," he said before something sharp flew into my side, piercing it hard before bouncing off. I grabbed my side instinctively before grabbing the spiked ball and flinging it across the room.

It's been 2 weeks since I arrived, the most pleasantly boring two weeks I'd had in awhile. I'd never appreciated how good boring things were, not until I was deprived of them. I was back at the White Wing, but in a private room for my own protection. I also spelled the room to make sure no one could enter without being invited. Despite being back, I felt like I didn't belong. A part of me knew that feeling would never wear off but that was the least of my worries.

After constant complaining from me and with Narxus's support, I was able to convince Edward to put a pause on me continuing classes. At least until we knew we would survive what was coming. Which was looking highly unlikely at the moment. I was training full time with Narxus everyday, preparing and getting stronger. But despite my efforts, I couldn't fight this war alone. Word had traveled past the Academy and now we had a substantial number of allies who supported us but there was still too many who wanted me dead. Including students in the Academy. Not just me, but Edward as well. We didn't have nearly as many people on our side as we expected. Oreres was reaching out to people across the globe, telling them the truth and bringing them to our side but changing centuries of false teachings is harder than it looks.

Zion was keeping his distance from me as well. We'd barely spoken since what I'd told him at the hospital. He made sure to make himself scarce whenever I was near and I kept my distance as well. I wanted to respect his decision. It was the least I owed him. Even though it felt like my heart was consuming itself from the inside out not being around him. Thankfully, Narxus was training me like a dog so I hardly had time to self hate:

Narxus shook his head at me in disappointment before saying, "go."

"Really?"

"Your mind isn't here. We won't get anything else done today."

I shot him an apologetic smile before grabbing my bag and darting out quickly before he could change his mind. I slowed down to a brisk walk once I was far enough, wanting to conserve my energy. My entire body was sore from training morning to evening every day.

"You're early," Star called out, waving from the entrance of the Caf.

I smiled, waving back at her and the boys. Bonnie was also there, clinging to Jeremy's arm with a bright smile on her face. Bonnie was now part of our little group and watching her with Jeremy made my heart both puff with pride and deflate with disappointment. I loved being with my friends and seeing them happy, but it all felt wrong without Zion. Zion refused to be with us if I was around so the boys had to divvy up time with me and with him.

"What did you do?" Bonnie asked, arching her eyebrows.

"Why do you assume I did something? Maybe he was in a good mood."

"Yeah, right," Joel snorted before turning on his heel and entering the Cafeteria.

"Maybe he thought you needed a shower," Star said snorting at my ruffled hair and sweat darkened clothing. She instinctively dodged the punch she knew was coming, giggling as she hid behind Joel.

"Don't you have a test to study for tomorrow? Because you have to go to class everyday?" I retorted back.

Star clutched her chest dramatically as she whipped her head around to glare at me.

"You started it."

Rolling her eyes, she grabbing my arm then Bonnie's before turning to walk.

"Oh come on," Jeremy complained.