War and it's casualties

"Go," I yelled at Zion, who was still by my side despite the giants who were quickly filling the area. I took up into the air speedily making my way towards the giant.

Having pulled one of the knives out, he thrashed the bloody knife through the air attempting to hit me. I dodged it easily, speeding up as I neared his chest. I let dark magic flow out of me as I neared him, causing him to wince in pain and retract his outstretched hands. In a second, I reached back and grabbed an arrow and plunged it into the giants heart.

I yelped in pain as I felt the bones in my wing crack. Another giant had snuck behind me and grabbed me by the wing as I was killing the first. I let dark magic seep out of my body, hearing the yell as the dark magic burned the giant's hand, forcing him to let go. As I dropped quickly through the air, I howled in pain, activating my werewolf side and transforming in a flash. I landed securely on my feet, digging my claws into the ground in preparation to pounce.

I scanned the room with my eyes, sharpening them with my vampire sight. The battle had only begun but I already saw bodies scattered, mostly ours and some of the giants. My heart caught in my chest as I looked back, searching until I spotted the sheathe of dark magic I had encased Esat in. I let out a sigh of relief that came out as a grunt in my werewolf form as I noticed it was still in one piece.

I howled in pain as I got knocked to the side, landing on my back as two giants cornered me from both angles, cackling as they closed the distance on me. I snarled, my fangs growing out of my mouth as I ran speedily towards the one closest to me. I reached him quickly, jumping up to the giant's knees. I let the dark magic seep out of my mouth as I sank my teeth into it's flesh. The giant screamed, grabbing his knee in pain. The other giant rushed towards me angrily and I watched him, waiting for him to get close enough. When he was barely a few feet of reaching me, I pounced out of the way, causing him to ram right into the giant who was barely standing straight as he recovered from my attack. I wasted no time, jumping onto the giant and using my teeth to rip its heart out in one fluid motion before pouncing onto the other and doing the same. Both of their large, irregular shaped hearts lay beside them as I jumped off their limp bodies.

I turned around, noticing I had caught the attention of a few other giants. There were now giants abandoning their attacks and barreling straight towards me.

"Saron!" Zion's voice rang out. I swiveled around, noticing him about a mile across the landscape, looking dead at me.

"I'm fine!" I yelled, nodding at him as I focused on the horde of giants closing in on me.

In the corner of my eye, I spotted a student, trying desperately to escape between the mountains of legs threatening to trample him from every angle. I focused my dark magic, aiming it towards the legs of the giants. The giants grunted, quickly running away and clearing a path for the student to run through. I did a quick count, swiveling around to see almost 20 giants making their way towards me.

Sergewaio

I flinched, not expecting to hear the voices. The dark magic hardly spoke to me now. Whenever I heard from them, it was unexpected and always to leave some cryptic message. I stayed quiet, waiting for them to give me something, anything.

Use the light and the darkness

Huh? What light? Did they mean my angel powers? How would that help me to take down the giants?

I snapped back to reality once I felt a whoosh of air as a knife came barreling towards me. I held my hand up on instinct, stopping it in the air. The knife froze in it's place. My mouth dropped open in shock, realizing what I did.

I hadn't been able to use my Earth magic since the dark magic consumed me. I hadn't used my dark magic this time and it still stopped.

I crouched down quickly, touching the ground. I felt a burst of magic enter through my hands as the grass grew taller under my touch.