An unexpected betrayal

I walked through the White Wing, immediately spotting my friends a few feet away. I walked towards them quickly, nearby students scattering from my path. Normally I'd be annoyed at it but I was too sore to function.

"What happened?" Star asked as I approached.

"Some pack of supernaturals called the Delegation sent me a s-" I started to explained

"A summons?!" Tom finished, his eyes wide.

"No way..." Jeremy said in awe.

"Does EVERYONE know who they are but me?"

"Unlike you, we actually have to go to class," Bonnie snorted.

"Jealous much?" I teased.

"So what are we going to do?" Joel asked.

"Edward and Zion said they'll go with me."

"Zion?" Joel asked with such confusion it made me wince. Was it that unfathomable that my own mate would want to accompany me despite how estranged we currently are?

"When are we going?" Tom added.

"You guys don't have to co-"

"Don't start," Tom said with an edge to his voice that made me turn to him in confusion.

"I'm with him. We're going," Jeremy said decidedly.

"From what I've heard, you've all had enough adventures without me. It's time I came along too," Bonnie added, grinning.

"Fine," I said sighing.

"So when are we going? Next week? Next mon-" Joel asked.

"Tomorrow at 1."

"Tomorrow?!" Star asked incredulously.

I nodded, standing up.

"I'm heading in. I'll see you tomorrow," I said to the boys before turning on my heel.

I saw Star rise up in the corner of my eye and I turned around to nod to her that I was okay on my own. I heard their voices pick up as they continued to chatter. I headed to my private room, peeling off my clothes and hopping into the shower. I took a quick shower, throwing on a clean shirt and shorts before hopping into bed and curling into a ball. I was so exhausted, I fell asleep immediately.

"Shhhh she's still asleep."

"Wake her up."

"It's not time yet."

"If you don't wake her up, she'll sleep in the whole day."

My eyes fluttered open to find Bonnie and Star standing in my room, near the door bickering.

"I'm already up," I said, my eyes burning at the brightness of the room.

"Now look what you did Star," Bonnie said.

"Oh please. We should've woken her up an hour ago."

"What's the rush?" I asked, confused.

Bonnie and Star looked at me in shock. I narrowed my eyebrows at them before my eyebrows shot up at the realization.

"What time is it?" I asked, climbing out of bed.

"12:40." Star answered, crossing her arms at Bonnie in a 'i told you so' manner

"Shit."

I went over to the closet, grabbing a clean pair of clothes before rushing to the bathroom and shutting the door. I threw my clothes on, hopping into the shower and washing myself quickly before walking out and getting dressed. I walked out to find Bonnie and Star waiting outside of the door, frowning.