Chapter 61: Comeback

*ELI'S POV*

I figured this day would eventually arrive. But hey, a girl can dream right? Unfortunately, I'm wide awake and have never wished for sleep as much as I did now. You know that feeling when you wake up and you just know the day is going to be bad? Well, this is one of those days.

I ended up oversleeping and since I never needed an alarm, Sam had to throw cold water at me. Yes, you heard that right. I'm a heavy sleeper so shaking me awake does as much as a gentle poke. But abruptly waking up soaking wet makes me second guess giving Sam keys to my apartment. Since we didn't have enough time, I had to get ready without being able to take a warm shower. We barely made it to first period and my stomach decided to embarrass me by grumbling so loud. Multiple times. The teacher even gave me a granola bar while she was lecturing.

Second and third period weren't any better. They never were since I didn't share them with Sam but they were extra painful today. Unannounced recitation and then a boring ass documentary. I had to listen to my classmates either anxiously fumble with their pencils, give out pretentious answers, or flat out say 'umm' the whole time. The documentary would've been a nice rest but my stomach was acting up again. At least I could hide some of the grumbling with the canon explosions.

Lunch went by fast since I basically stuffed myself with all the food I bought from the caf. This eventually bit me back since I became all drowsy from the junk food and my teachers weren't too happy with me dozing off. Despite the little naps I got in class, I didn't feel rested at all. In fact I felt even more sleep deprived and definitely did not have energy for P.E. Literally, the reason for all this is my oversleeping. Why am I still sleepy then??? Coach basically shouted at me to 'Look alive' the whole time. Whatever that means. I'm breathing aren't I? I'm alive as I can be.

"Someone's grumpy today. Who's got your panties in a twist? Oh no wait. Forget I asked." Kate smirks at me then at Sam.

"Don't even start with me, Carlson." I glare at her.

"Eli, relax." Sam tries to soothe me by rubbing circles on my back. "Don't mind her, she just overslept." I don't think she meant for me to hear that last part judging by the way she whispered it but I did, which unreasonably made me more annoyed.

"Yeah which literally happens once in a blue moon. I just want to go home and rest." I grumble, trudging my feet on the ground.

"I guess that's a raincheck on the Star Trek marathon then." Jane quips.

I was about to glare at her too when a particular figure caught my eye and decided like all the other times we met to block my way. Obviously, she became the recipient of my glare. A much harsher glare than the one Jane would've got.

"Oooh, nasty. I like it." She leers at me.

"What do you want, Reeves?" I catch her waver a bit at the venom in my voice but she recovers quickly.

"You, obviously. Why don't you drop these pathetic rats and come back to my place. I'm sure I can distract you from your shitty whirlwind of a life."

I close my eyes, take in a deep breath, run my hands through my hair, breathe out, then calmly meet her gaze again. "No thanks. I'm happy with these three mice. I'm sure your sewer of a house will distract me but honestly, your rat face is enough. Oh and if I ever so much as get a whiff of your stench you're going to wish you never crossed paths with me. That file you read on me? That's not even a scratch on the surface, darling. So if you're trying to bring out that part of me you better be ready because anyone who's met Wader never lives the same. If you even get the chance to live." Ok, that last part is an exaggeration but she doesn't know that.

I would've laughed at the look on her face but I was still in my moody zone. Let's just say she looked like a fish out of water with her mouth opening and closing trying to come up with a reply. Her eyes were wide like a deer caught in headlights and if she had a tail it'd be tucked between her legs right now.

"Are you just gonna stand there and gawk at me?" I ask her. When she still doesn't reply I push past her shaking my head. I guess I stupefied the shit out of her.

"That was hot." My attention snaps to Sam jogging up beside me with a look in her eyes. I raise my eyebrows at her reaction. Oddly, I feel my bad mood disappearing and quickly being replaced by a weird sensation in my stomach.

"So... now that Eli's in a good mood... are we on for Star Trek again?" I hear Jane's voice float from somewhere. Honestly, my attention was still stuck at the green-eyed girl beside me.

"Nope. Still a raincheck." Sam answers distractedly, looking at my lips and biting her own. I feel her hand intertwine with mine as she basically drags me to her car. The last thing I heard before my mind was clouded with dark thoughts was some gagging sounds and something about using Star Trek as a distraction for what they just saw.

A/N: I feel like I could've written a better insult but I'm in a totally opposite mood right now since my major thing is going pretty well. Hope y'all still liked it tho. What do you folks do when someone insults you?

Also, don't get confused. The new names that Eli mentioned are just their surnames.