Chapter 30: Stop Me

*SAM'S POV*

For a whole month, I wouldn't let Eli out of my sight. At least, as much as I could since we didn't have classes together. We still ate breakfast in my car and lunch with Jane and Kate, sometimes on our own in the yard. Whenever I had cheer practice, I'd make Eli wait for me at the bleachers. Which meant that we would almost always get home late so Eli, with a lot of convincing, would eat dinner at my place. She still insisted on going home no matter how late it got, which got me double thinking about letting her stay at all. On nights particularly late, we'd stay on the phone until she got home. Weekends are my favourite because we'd spend the whole day together and sometimes, she'd agree to sleep over.

Eli was sitting on the floor, reading a book, her back against my bed while I was laying face down on it, my head just beside hers. "Your hair's getting long," I say, running my hand through her hair. You look like Harry Potter in that third movie."

She laughs at me. "Just because my glasses are also round doesn't make me Harry Potter. But hey-- If I take it off will that make me Clark Kent?" She proceeds to take off her glasses.

"No, you look the same just without glasses." I laugh as she pulls a face. Then I grab her glasses from her hand. "How bad is your eyesight?" I say as I put on her glasses. "Woah." Everything was a blur to me. I take it off but instead of handing it back to Eli, I decide to tease her.

"Give it back!" She laughs as she tries to reach for it. "I can still see you know."

"Oh really?" I said as I stood on the bed and started jumping.

"Give it--" Eli had knocked me down and started tickling me.

"No-- stop--!" I said in between laughs. She holds my arms down and takes her glasses then puts them on. She looks at me triumphantly but it was soon replaced by something else. Something like...hunger. I suddenly realize the position we were in. Eli was pinning me down on the bed, her body pressing down on mine, our legs in between each other. Her hands were still holding mine above my head. Our breathing was heavy, our chests rising up and down. Eli was staring at my lips and biting her own. I was doing the same. She leans forward and I close my eyes, my heart beating loudly through my chest I swear she could feel it. I feel her face close to mine, our noses barely touching. Then I hear her let out a low growl and suddenly she was off me, sitting on the side of my bed.

I sat up, flushed, still trying to calm my breathing.

"Sorry." I hear Eli say.

"No-- Don't be. I wanted it too." I move closer to her.

"You have to stop me next time," she gives out a small laugh.

"What if I don't want you to stop?" I whisper.

Eli looks at me and sighs. Her eyes telling me that I was the only person in the world for her and that she didn't want to ruin anything. I look at her the same way, telling her there was nothing to worry about. She cups my face with her hand and touches our foreheads together. "Just four more months."

A/N: To whoever's been copy pasting wattpad stories to their own site, y'all have too much time. Stop being such a thief.