Chapter 3: Two Points for Eli

I managed to find a quiet spot in the yard to eat my lunch. Then I headed to my next class: Math. Ugh. Actually, any class after lunch is the worst. It's the best time of day to take a nap.

I enter the classroom, introduce myself to the teacher, and head to the seat he pointed me to. I take my seat between a girl wearing a grey crop top and the window facing the field, then place my notebook on my desk not really planning to write notes.

The girl beside me coughs. I ignore her. She coughs again. And again.

"Do you need a mint or something?" I look at her. It's the cheerleader from lunch looking at me with a scowl.

She suddenly raises her hand and says, "Mr. Peters, can I please change seats?" She says this in such a sweet voice that you would think Mr. Peters would fall for it. But to my surprise he looked just as bored as everyone in the class and says, "No, Ms. Anderson. There aren't any free seats to change to."

Before Ms. Anderson could protest, Mr. Peters starts the class. I lean to my right and whisper, "Hate me that much huh?"

She glares at me but doesn't say anything then faces the front. I stare at her. Her dirty blonde hair was tied up making her jawline prominent. Her skin was light but flushed with a slight pink. Sensing me looking, she turns to me and says, "Can I help you?" Her green eyes obviously angry.

I prop my elbow on my desk and place my chin on my hand, tilting my head towards her. "Hmm..." I just said in thought, then faced forward, definitely knowing that would annoy her. I could feel Ms. Anderson shooting me death stares every now and then but I was too sleepy to care.

***

Fast forward to last period, which is P.E.. I had already changed my pants in the bathrooms and just took off my jacket and put it in my bag. I was wearing a white long sleeve under it, which was light enough to exercise in and enough to appease the admin and hide my tatts. I didn't really care much about this restriction aside from the small hassle it gives me every P.E. I had no choice about the shorts though, which means that the scars on my legs were visible. I wonder what story they'll make about that.

When I enter the gym I see most of my classmates were already there. And to my amusement, Ms. Anderson. She was seated at the benches with two other girls. One had hair just like hers although more on the blonde side than dirty blonde while the other was brunette. They were literally a combination of each other and definitely all sported the same glare as they spotted me.

We were playing dodgeball today and obviously I was on the opposite team as the three musketeers. Well, we know who's going to be targeted the most. I'm gonna have to make more effort not to get hit. I'm not really in the mood for a panic attack. Luckily for me, and unbeknownst to them I had the talent of athleticism (cue music). Despite my body being absolutely useless for a whole year, I was able to gain back what strength I had before the accident and even improve on it. So as much as they hurled every ball they could get their hands on at me, I dodged every one of them and even caught a few. I probably shouldn't have had too much fun and fueled their anger but I repaid them the same kindness and knocked them out one at a time. I was actually the only one throwing balls at them since my teammates seemed to be afraid of them. Honestly, I can't blame them. Those three were sporting super saiyan faces ready to kamehameha the shit out of me.

The game ended with my team winning and me the last one standing.

"Excellent footwork Ms. Torres! Say... would you be interested in playing for the school? Coach Cobb asks me.

For what team?? "As long as you're the coach, Coach." I say smiling. Despite saying 'Coach Cobb' making me want to say 'Corn Cobb', she was actually prettier than her name. You would think that for a female P.E. teacher she would be all buff and burly, but actually she was well toned and tall. Coach just laughs and pats me on the back but I think I saw a hint of blush.

I wasn't actually interested in joining a team. Afterall, I'm not here to make friends. I've managed three years not making any so another two years should be easy. I left the gym not bothering to change clothes and headed to my bike. I make my way home thinking about how this year would turn out.

A/N:

Thanks for reading! I'd appreciate a vote :)

Next update will be on August 27 and will be from Ms. Anderson's pov