Chapter 14

Chapter Warnings: Slash, some of which could possibly be considered non-consensual

''''''''''''''''''

The Veela Enigma

Chapter 14: Fight

''''''''''''''''''''

Draco dragged Harry into a corridor just off the main one that led to the Great Hall.  He pushed Harry up against the wall - not particularly gently either - and said in one short, terse breath "Explain."

Harry had the distinct impression that if he had had a father, and his mother had ever said the words "just wait until your father gets home!" and then his dad had come home and cornered him, that this was more or less exactly the same feeling.

He took a deep breath, "Well, Draco, see, it's like this…" he trailed off, reluctant to reveal that it was Cho who had kissed his cheek and subject her to the rages of a jealous veela.  After all, she had only been trying to help. 

Draco folded his arms over his chest and glared at Harry. "No, Potter," he said icily.  "Actually, I don't see.  Why don't you start by telling me which filthy slut left that lipstick on your cheek?"

"I say, that's a bit harsh," Harry protested, and suddenly he found himself with Draco on top of him. 

"Are you defending this mystery woman, Potter?" Draco breathed into Harry's ear, silver eyes glinting menacingly, and for one fleeting instance Harry understood why everyone else was so afraid of Draco.

But the understanding was gone as soon as it came, because Harry trusted in his heart that Draco would never hurt him, and that Draco's threats were only words and nothing more, and that the blonde only got madly upset and jealous because he was so afraid of losing Harry. 

"No, I'm not defending her," he said calmly, reaching out to run a hand through Draco's silky blonde locks.  Draco closed his eyes, torn between his anger and the melting sensation that came with having Harry's fingers tangled in his hair. 

Harry saw this, and smiled. He's so sweet, Harry thought to himself, as Draco grudgingly began to give in to Harry's caresses. He rested his head on Harry's shoulder and Harry kissed it, delighting in the sensation of the cool downy hair against his lips. 

Draco sighed and nuzzled Harry's neck, his arms going around Harry's waist.  He lifted his head up to kiss the brunette -

And saw that faint pink mark on Harry's cheek again.

Faster than you could saw "Hungarian Horntail" Draco's eyes narrowed back to slits.  He grabbed Harry's wrists to stop their petting motion and in one alarmingly agile movement pinned those wrists on either side of Harry's body.

"Who was she, Potter?" Draco practically growled, and Harry bit his lip.  "Who was she?" he repeated insistently, and Harry took a deep breath.

"I can't tell you," he whispered, and Draco moved in closer to pin Harry's body to the wall with his own.

"You can't tell me?" he repeated.  "And why not, Harry?"

"Because you'll hurt her, Draco, and she was just trying to help me," Harry breathed, still trusting the angry veela not to cross the line and hurt his mate. 

Draco's expression became absolutely livid.  "Help you?  By kissing you?  How does that help you do anything, Potter?"

"Draco, please," Harry pleaded, locking the veela's silver eyes with his own bright green ones.  "I can't tell you."